232273 Bullies, 4035 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Iron Dog Gym

My Martial Art school teaches _ing __un (Wing Tzun) and Latosa Escrima Weapons System. It is located in a garage and backyard in Sacramento, California. The school is operated by a First Level Technician in WT who has the 10th Student Grade in Latosa Weapons System (LWS). He is a Licensed instructor for EBMAS and has been licensed since 1998 and published an article in Inside Kung Fu Magizine in Sept. 2005. His name is Jeffrey Cox.

This is an Emin Boztepe Martial Art System (EBMAS) school. We have seminars from Si-fu Emin Boztepe, Rene Latosa, Sifu Micheal Casey and others for new material and for testing. We then work together to practice this material on our own.

The Sacramento School is the hub of the Northern California EBMAS region. We have other EBMAS groups in Eureka/Arcata, Woodland, Davis, Fairfield, San Fransisco, and Petaluma.

The training we do is from a Traditional Approach. He have 2 basic forms in WT for beginners which are a solo practice to get the mechanics, then we have arranged partner sets to learn the way the techniques from the forms should fit together. Finally, we have Applications where the movement is attempted in a more realistic way, with various levels of resistance and aliveness. Free sparring is rarely done at full contact power, but it is done in various degrees of power, contact, aliveness, and resistance, once the student has some control over the techniques in the regular drills.

As a traditional System, the goal is to take the movements from solo forms through partner drills into freestyle applications. Sparring then is a test to see if the partner sets are working and not the primary method of training. The students must learn the partner sets and then the instructor must make sure the sets are randomized so as to have no set patterns.

Latosa Escrima begins with an Warm Up exercise set, like a form, and then partner drills. The Warm Up is to start new people with some solo work so they can learn to take directions and perform the movements. We do not wear gloves or any protection in training. Your stick is your only protection. Since you should not have full contact sparring with weapons due to the danger, escrima has many drills each with an element removed for safety. Sparring with padded sticks and helmets is done to test out your skills and look for errors. As you progress the Warm Up Exercise does too, to match your technical growth. This is why it is not considered a form, you can do it anyway you wish and it changes over time.

Both systems involve fighting at the long kicking range, punching, elbowing, kneeing, clinching, throwing, and ground fighting ranges. Admittedly, ground fighting is rarely taught in the beginning stages as we teach the students to use the stand up methods on the ground, so they must first learn them in the other ranges. WT is more Traditional and LWS is more Freestyle. Together they combine very nicely.

Uniforms are not required, but students should wear white shirts and black pants. Membership in EBMAS worldwide is required. Lessons begin at no cost until they miss a class, then tuition is $60 a month. Tuition is required whether you attend or not, once you join, unless other arrangements are made. You are paying for the opportunity, not the material.

The Gym has a large outside deck for training, a smaller deck overlooking a pond for forms and close-in training. The Garage has a 10 by 10 foot area for training in bad weather, a 125 lbs. Heavy bag, a 6 panel-wall bag, a PVC Wooden Dummy, a grappling horse dummy, and 2 wall mirrors. A large grassy area is also used for stick fighting and wrestling(on a tarp). 1/2inch floor mat is used for grappling on the ground. All Gloves, Chest protectors, shin guards, head gear, sticks, and equipment is provided, student needs only to buy a mouth guard and cup, but they are encouraged to buy their own gloves and other equipment and learn to take care of it themselves. Kettle ball type weights are a new experiment.
    :new_llyin

Contact EBMAS.USA@gmail.com if interested in being interviewed for membership.

:usa2:

edit:9:50 PM- Modified to fit Phrost rating scale. Not sure how often these things need to occur. Every class? Every Week? Monthly? I guess if something doesn't happen atleast once a month it shouldn't count at all for this thread.

YouTube - Boztepe at Iron Dog Gym, May 11, 2007

edit: added website link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBRL.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	6671  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LD.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	6672  

Name:	Deck_edited.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	6673  

Name:	Dumb.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	6674  

Name:	Bags.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	6675  

Name:	EBMAS.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	6676  

Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 10/12/2009 10:36pm at . Reason: Spelling, uploading, and minor corrections

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the included pictures look like crime scene photos. At the very least you're guilty of libel against Aliveness for using its name in conjunction with a Wing Chun school.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TONIGHT ON COURT TV: They came in for a martial arts lesson. What they got...was Wing Chun
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd, go sit on your thumb again, or are you up to three fingers now? We do alive training and it is an Escrima school too.

Can people troll this section or what?

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that qualifies as trolling, especially when you rated Atmosphere a 9.0 and the school looks like Maynard's basement from Pulp Fiction.
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 10/29/2007 6:33pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I don't think that qualifies as trolling, especially when you rated Atmosphere a 9.0 and the school looks like Spider's basement from Pulp Fiction.
    Shuma has a very valid point . Maybe a 5 or a 6 at it's most charming season .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:44pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well "atmosphere" is a completely subjective rating anyway.

Would love to see some of your guys' sparring on video.

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 3:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just so you guys know, this is exactly what alive training looks like. Yes, I know it's instruction. But you know what? There's a universal posture, a facial expression universal to all martial stupidity. There's a tone of voice, a dumbass "I could go here...here....AND INTO AN ARMBAR!!" cadence seen in all terrible schools. And this, folks, is it.

By the way, if there's any question whatsoever that your instructor is a convicted sex offender, consider that just above the wooden dummy is the box a Rapecase Delux comes in.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It saddens me that Dr Tzun Tzu gave this school the same rating for Aliveness that I gave my current muay thai school initially.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 4:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I think Aliveness varies wildly depending on what you train in. Like in Wing Chun, the idea of sparring is so completely novel and progressive that once you do it, you can jerk yourself off for the next three months on the sole virtue that WE SPAR!!!!!!! :) 10 BILLION POINTS

Whereas at a BJJ or MT school, sparring is so commonplace that I might knock a couple points off my school's score because we don't do a lot of standup.

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast