Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We used to go to Hawaii in Feb or March when the weather was shitty here and the tickets cheap - and camp on my brother's lawn (three tents) and state parks (which are both free). Now we've moved up to five people in a one bedroom condo (Waikiki) and better yet, a three bedroom house out in the country on Maui. If you are willing to get funky, there are hostels and low level B & B's.

Mostly travel is attitude. My wife and I backpacked traveled China when we were younger, once with a baby on my back - she was breast feeding so it was easy enough. It's more a matter of driving a three door '65 Fury at home and then spending the winter in Hainan and Malaca. The hostels on Maui get down to around $15/day, in China we found rooms in hotels for less than $2. It might lack plumbing and soft mattress, or any mattress - they have these charming bamboo mats - but what the hell, I'm a black belt, and unlike Kungfoolss, I put it on the line and fight other black belts on their own turf, so I can take it. Or I used to be able to take it, now I want a soft bed and ice in my drink. And do kata.

http://www.cheaptickets.com
    http://www.cheapflights.com/
    http://supersearch.travelzoo.com/

www.rentawreck.com/hi.htm
    DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com

Affordable Maui rental cottages: http://vacationrentalmaui.com/
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/04/2006 10:51am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 3:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    I'm a black belt, and unlike Kungfoolss, I put it on the line and fight other black belts on their own turf, so I can take it.
    Unless you're participating in a NHB/MMA match up, which I seriously doubt, I wouldn't consider playing an adult game of tag as "putting it on the line." Anybody can spar, it's not a big deal.

You're like 50'ish right? Besides, these dojo reviews are hardly objective and seem only done to self promote. Isn't that why you're constantly giving these reviews some outlandish scores. "Here's where I train, that's why I'm an awesome martial artist."
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So since they're bs, come on down and...

Oh I forget, you'd never show up. Never, never, never. It would "be a waste of time." You know, I've been great, and I've been good, and I've been ok , and I've beenshitty in the three dojos I've reviewed, and in a half dozen on the mainland. I work out. Period. Martial arts are a big part of my life, and have been for forty years.

The only place real for you is the internet. I fight. You type.

The end.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So since they're bs, come on down and...

Oh I forget, you'd never show up. Never, never, never. It would "be a waste of time." You know, I've been great, and I've been good, and I've been ok , and I've beenshitty in the three dojos I've reviewed, and in a half dozen on the mainland. I work out.
    Pardon me, but judging from your photographs I've seen of you here, you're not exactly in the greatest shape in the world.

Period. Martial arts are a big part of my life, and have been for forty years.

The only place real for you is the internet. I fight. You type.

The end.
    Correction, you play tag. You need to talk to Omega if you want to know what real fightings all about. Let's just agree to say you 'train.' At least that's a bit more honest. I train as well (my forum proves that), but to go around bragging about fighting when you're really sparring or training is plain silly.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever, you type. I win.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever, you type. I win.
    You must be a graduate of the phil elmore school of debating tactics. :phil:

See, martial arts makes you feebleminded, you should've listened to me. :icon_razz

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come throwdown or shut up. Again, the truth is I fight and you type. Read my log if you want to know how and what and where and who and what touries and so forth. Oh, I forgot again, you can't read it because you haven't spent the $20 to be a supporting member. Keep typing, it will increase readership of this review as it ttt's it.

I mean what the ****, Kungfoolss, I AM a kyokushinkaikan shodan for christ's sake, I think I have just a tiny clue as to what constitutes "live" training and hard sparring.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/06/2006 10:02pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 5:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just reread this and ****, do I own Kungfoolss or what? What a fake. Amusing, but a fake.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 11:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there. I visited a Universal school. I was very hopeful about it because I love Kempo and want to continue my studies. Check out my review on Lee's Kempo Karate to read about the absolute nightmare that I encountered. This really saddens me because it is the only Hawaiian Kempo school in the area. I guess me and the wife are just going to have to get DVD's.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12