222471 Bullies, 4315 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who needs Grappling when you've got pre-emptive Strikes?

Pre-emptive Strikes for Winning Fights: The Alternative to Grappling!

One of the reviews:

No frills, just practicallity, 6 Oct 2000
    Reviewer: A reader
    This book isn't about restraint or grappleing your agressor to the ground. Its purely about taking him/her out before they get the chance to do it to you. The techniques are simple but very effective(especially the thumb knuckle to the head having felt it off Jamie during a course). It shows you how to turn harmless everyday things into devastating weapons. It tells you how to utalise the pre-emptive strike using various parts of your body, aswell as explaining in detail where you stand within the law. If you want street practical techniques, read this book.

Check the book out at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pre-emptive-...e=UTF8&s=books
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Main Entry: 1 fan·ta·sy
    Variant(s): also phan·ta·sy /'fan-t&-sE, -zE/
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
    Etymology: Middle English fantasie -- more at FANCY
    1 obsolete : HALLUCINATION
    2 : FANCY; especially : the free play of creative imagination
    3 : a creation of the imaginative faculty whether expressed or merely conceived: as a : a fanciful design or invention b : a chimerical or fantastic notion c : FANTASIA 1 d : imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters -- called also fantasy fiction
    4 : CAPRICE
    5 : the power or process of creating especially unrealistic or improbable mental images in response to psychological need <an object of fantasy>; also : a mental image or a series of mental images (as a daydream) so created <sexual fantasies of adolescence>
    6 : a coin usually not intended for circulation as currency and often issued by a dubious authority (as a government-in-exile)
    Last edited by Matt W.; 11/30/2006 12:33pm at .

Genius

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, if you sucker punch a grappler and knock him out before he even thinks there might be a fight, you won't have to have any grappling skills. Hmm.

This book is just silly, another one that could be just as silly. Guns: How to beat any MMA fighter, ever

or

assassination by poison: beat any fighter in the world

I wonder if the author realizes that a pre-emptive strike happens before a fight and if it succeeds, then no fight actually happens.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:39pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This reminds me of a fake add I saw for a Welsh martial art that had to do with attacking your enemy before they can attack you, ideally before they even know you exist. Now thats pre-emptive.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who needs Grappling when you've got pre-emptive Strikes?
    the army?
    <_<
    >_>

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, Pre-emptive Strikes for the win! Just go up and punch anyone who looks at you funny so they can't grapple you.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:52pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungkorn Dam
    Yep, Pre-emptive Strikes for the win! Just go up and punch anyone who looks at you funny so they can't grapple you.
    Nooooo, you have to punch them before they look at you, or better yet get a big stick or rock and sneak up from behind them.

'Don't Fear The Grappler' by Blue Oyster Cult is playing in the background of my mind.

:5hypnodis

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sucker punches are great. But who has a better sucker punch, a trained fit boxer? Or a lard ass RBSDer that read this book?

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 1:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The lard arse RBSDer wouldn't sucker punch though. It's much more effective for him to poke his would be assailent in the eye or hit him with his Flashlight.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3

This reminds me of a fake add I saw for a Welsh martial art that had to do with attacking your enemy before they can attack you, ideally before they even know you exist. Now thats pre-emptive.
    Welsh Ninjas! :ninjadanc
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast