Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking to start a late-night training group in Seattle

First off, apologies if this is the wrong place for this. Please don't make me get in the buttpile.

Hi all. My name is Griff, and I have been training BJJ for about a year and two months. I train at Gracie Barra Seattle, Tully's building.I've also got this job that's screwing with my ability to make it to class. Judo at Seattle Dojo was the option for a while, but they start at 8:30pm, and they don't go that late. I need to train, and seeing as how there is NOTHING that starts early, I figure I'll put something together for late. Hopefully, there's other folks that are in the same fix, and would like to meet up for some sparring.

What I'm looking for are grapplers. Wrestlers, Judoka, No-Gi, Gi, Shooto, whatever. As long as you're ready to show up and roll, cool. I'm thinking it'll be kind of a big open mat format, but if you have something cool to bring to the table, bring it. No egos, no schools, no bullshit. Just a bunch of folks training and learning.

I have access to a space we can use that's all ready to go. PM me if you're interested, and we'll work out the specifics. I'm looking to start around 9pm, and maybe go about two hours two to three nights a week.

PS: If you train something that's "too deadly to spar", stay home. We don't want you killing us with your Dim Mak or whatever.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon,

Griff/Towtruck

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Griff,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting to class. I've been out a month with a groin pull, still have a month to go.

How are your weekends? The Sunday 12:30 class at Seattle Jujutsu is a lot of fun. It's Russian style judo / SOMBO with a healthy dose of newaza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm down for maybe one day a week, depending on the location. Are you thinking of the Tully's building? Anyway, I'll PM you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 8:36pm

Style: BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are Tu/Th morning classes (9:30-11) at Marcelo Alonso's academy in Wallingford, if that fits your schedule better. http://www.mabjj.com/seattle.htm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really doesn't. I work 10:30am to 8:30pm(variable) in Bothell, and I live in West Seattle. That shift kills me for just about everything. That's why I want to put this together.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I really wish someone would do an 8am BJJ class here. If I was better at it, I'd offer to teach it for free, just to have one going.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 1:28am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I lived in the area I'd totally be up for that. Best of luck!