Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 9:14am

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonuzaba I'm not muslim but I don't consider myself christian either but just to clarify this thread has been started in the MA BS & fraud forum so far it seems to be about Silat is bad because it's practised by muslims if I'm wrong tell me but you've not once commented on the strengths or weaknesses of Silat.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I am relieved that you are neither Muslim nor Christian. I guess that makes you Jewish just like me. Good.
    Now, I did not write that Silat would be bad because of being practised by Muslims or for any other reason.
    I pointed out that we all know all too well about the effectivity of Muslim martial arts. Especially against unarmed civilians. But I am sure US soldiers (or their grieving relatives) could speak for hours about how effective Muslim combat techniques are even against the best army in the world.
    Just go on and ask Asia how many body bags returned to the States for each guy that used BJJ effectively in a combat zone...
    And I know, I am going too far with this, so let's just cut it (:-)) and talk about south-east Asian blade techniques being cool and effective.
    Because they involve centuries of experience of slashing throats and gutting people for real, which is an experience most of us Euro-Americans had had no chance to practise for at least 60 years now.
    And please go search for my MA - religion thread. It went off the track, like most threads do, but still, it is about the same thing - stupid people shouldn't breed and/or be taught dangerous stuff.
    Tonuzaba

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 5:18pm

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Can women also become Instructors in Silat Mubai?

Yes. We are a traditional school and so women are more than welcome to join our classes and work towards becoming an Ustaza (Instructor). A woman friend of the Prophet Muhamad (peace be upon him) once saved his life in a battle, she sustained multiple wounds fighting the enemy Soldier and the Prophet (peace be upon him) respected her very much for it as did the other Warriors. With proper training a ferocious woman is a serious opponent. A lady can be an Instructor and a representative of the system."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 5:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm not a Muslim can I train in Silat Mubai?

Yes. We are not interested in discrimination, just imparting the knowledge God has granted us. We have no practices in Silat Mubai that are religious or could be construed as aggressing upon other people's religious belief. The Prophet Muhamad (peace be upon him) made clear to everyone that religion can not be imposed on any individual by force. Doesn't get simpler than that. When it comes to specific parts of the system, Futawa is Islamic Chivalry and is a Soldiers code of ethics which can be practiced by anyone to improve themselves. Class opening consists of saying "There is only one God. There is no hero greater than Ali and no sword grater than Ali's sword." in Arabic and in English. That should not be a problem for anyone who believes in God. Remember, no one is an atheist when the knife enters his guts. If you have no faith you will find it difficult to continue in this system."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 5:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Silat Mubai we train Warriors who are working towards becoming Fedayeen, people who are mentally and physically prepared to sacrifice their lives for the "Sirat Al-Mustaqeem"

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 5:48pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whenever I read about the Fedeyeen, I cant help but have flash backs to reading Dune:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedaykin

I know, I know it translates as "One who is ready to sacrifice his life," BUT Dune was such a cool book!
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 12:24am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odd_lifter
    In Silat Mubai we train Warriors who are working towards becoming Fedayeen, people who are mentally and physically prepared to sacrifice their lives for the "Sirat Al-Mustaqeem"
    I don't know what the **** you are talking about here, but I sure hope you are not talking about training terrorists? Are you? Why don't you clarify what you mean exactly? Because from what I'm reading, you sound like some kind of Islamic fanatic. And now, you mention The Fedeyeen. So, you are promoting the idea of Islamic Holy War on this site? Like Bin Laeden? If I misunderstand, then clarify. If I am understanding you correctly, then this is bullshit. I've trained in Silat and Kuntao, and never heard any of this.

I really hope you are making some kind of joke that I just didn't get.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 1:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read his posts as he's referencing the Mubai Silat site for us.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 3:45am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odd_lifter
    Heh, I hope I won't fail logging to Bullshido tomorrow... I'd hate to see a banner with something like "Closed by the NSA"...
    Tonuzaba

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 6:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_rc...?showtopic=303

this is the faq page i'm quoting, i'm nt muslim nor a mubai practitioner, i started this thread to see what other people think and because it's entertaining stuff if you ask me
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast