Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicojersey
    Thanks for the reply, there is no need for you to make an apology, I was just interested to see if we were talking about the same Master Les Hart.
    He seemed to be somewhat insulted that I should even consider questioning his training/teaching history and the fact that I had declined his offer to "take a class" for me.
    My primary function is to have a duty of care as a Kai-Cho to my students and instructors.

These days with vexatious litigants suing for absolutely anything I cannot afford to allow anyone onto my mat who cannot back up their qualifications. Having done some background checks with well known senior aikidoka in the UK I decided to decline "Master" Hart's offer but to show courtesy I still invited him to attend to say hello. It was his lack of basic etiquette that made me further suspicious of his claims.
    Well I don't blame you for being put out by it all.. I practised TKD for about 9 years and , in my relatively small amount of experience, observed most students picking up basic etiquette as you've described, after their first lesson. It must have been his ego talking there, I suspect.
    Last edited by toutatis; 9/25/2008 11:27am at .

Registered Member

Bracknell. Royal County of Berkshire. UK.

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 12:06pm

Style: Traditional Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toutatis

There is no need to apologise for your father Les Hart /McLean.
    I recall first meeting Les around 1959/60 on my first visit with Ken Williams Sensei to Cardiff.
    Les was a Judoka with Kenshiro Abbe Sensei and the BJC. He was involved in Judo and Kendo with Tomio Otani. Les also studied Aikido in those early days, I have no memory of his progress. I lost touch with Les in the mid 1960's, I have no knowledge of his Aikido after that nor of his association with Masamichi Noro ( my early teacher ). I am sure that Les's association with the guy who called himself the ````Doshu````did him no favours.
    There are some old photos of your father on the photo galleries of my British Aikido website at http://www.geocities.com/britishaikido
    I am not hear to defend or condemn Les Hart, just to tell you what I know.

I am sorry to see this thread re-activated as, Les is unable to defend himself. He is very ill
    and now in a whelchair as a result of serious brain and heart problems.
    As a direct student of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei I am in contact with a few of the remaining students from those early days.

Registered Member

Bracknell. Royal County of Berkshire. UK.

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 12:09pm

Style: Traditional Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toutatis

I apologise, I forgot to sign my previous post.

Henry Ellis
    Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 12:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi Hellis, thanks for the reply and the link. I'm not questioning his skills - he's as hard as nails, still, I'm sure. I just have always suspected some "embellishment" and posts in this thread pretty much confirmed a few. I'll let this thread die now.
    Last edited by toutatis; 9/26/2008 5:02am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 1:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear all..

As the originator of the thread I felt the need to chime in and reiterate what Mr. Ellis has presented.

Les Hart is unfortunately ill with serious health issues, despite my initial investigation in to Mr. Hart's questionable activities and associations with a now known Benefit Fraud; I have no desire or wish to see him [Hart] further berated because the facts surrounding his ambiguous claims are known and have been known for some time... There's zero point in re-hashing it.

I thank the recent contributors for their posts but, respectfully its time to let this matter go and remain for people to read if they so desire.

With thanks

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Dave and wish Mr Hart well during his convalescence.
    I came across this thread by accident and it answered a question that had remained unanswered in our dojo for some time.
    I for one do not wish to cause any more stress of Mr Hart or his family and wish him god speed in his recovery.
    With deep respect
    Nick Pitman
    Kaicho
    Phoenix (Jersey) School for Therapeutic Arts

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 9:18am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick.. if you wish to discuss anything relating to this thread please either email me at dave.humm@raf.mod.uk.net or, alternatively when you have enough post count, you can use the PM facility here.

Please note that I'm an operational soldier thus may not answer either means of communication straight away.

--Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/05/2010 7:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678