11/30/2006 1:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Hi Dave,
    Great post, enthralling investigation.
    I have a couple of questions:
    1]Somewhere in the middle of the gargantuan post, there was a transcript of an email from Peter Goldsbury... is he the chap from E-budo and has also posted on here? The philosophy professor from Japan?
    2]Vicky Parkin mentions something about having to move if details get out... something about taking advice from the MOD... did I miss something in the write-up? Is that something you can elaborate on?
    Hi Mate..

1.. Yes Peter Goldsbury is the Chairman of the International Aikido Federation.. And a pretty good egg IMHO

2.. Yeh, on reading my own post again, I failed to elaborate on this part. Ms Parkin intimated to me in a PM post on their martial arts website forums, that Les McClean was a member of the SAS and had been told by the Ministry of Defence to change his identity in order to protect himself and family.. hence his name change from Les HART to Les McClean. I have that story confirmed by one of his former students as absolute bullshit.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humm
    Hi Mate..

1.. Yes Peter Goldsbury is the Chairman of the International Aikido Federation.. And a pretty good egg IMHO
    He does seem like a top bloke, and was very even-handed when dealing with the Moclair stuff on E-Budo.

2.. Yeh, on reading my own post again, I failed to elaborate on this part. Ms Parkin intimated to me in a PM post on their martial arts website forums, that Les McClean was a member of the SAS and had been told by the Ministry of Defence to change his identity in order to protect himself and family.. hence his name change from Les HART to Les McClean. I have that story confirmed by one of his former students as absolute bullshit.
    So he's a military fake as well? Does SOCNET deal with Brit fakes as well as American ones? Should be outed if that's the case, in my opinion.

Or, have I misread that... did he serve in the SAS, but the name change story is fake?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 8:19am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    He does seem like a top bloke, and was very even-handed when dealing with the Moclair stuff on E-Budo.

So he's a military fake as well? Does SOCNET deal with Brit fakes as well as American ones? Should be outed if that's the case, in my opinion.

Or, have I misread that... did he serve in the SAS, but the name change story is fake?
    He's never been in the SAS.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 10:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rapid Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's never been in the SAS.
    I'd guess not, Judging by Chris Ryan, Eddie Stone, Lofty Wiseman et al, changing your name after leaving the SAS is not common practice. :)

It's interesting how people who say they've served and never have, have amazing tales of special forces derring-do and everything is 'I can't tell you, it's all secret', those who have served have amusing tales about screwing up and everything going wrong, and never mention anything to do with secret stuff!

Never served myself, but I also play Airsoft on occasion (Yeah, I know, it's just plain fun though! :) ), and meet both ex-squaddies, and walter mittys and you can tell the difference in the stories:

And then I took on the entire enemy patrol myself with just a rusty spoon and a bottle of hand lotion is probably bollocks,

And then a bloody shell slipped out the rack and knocked me clean out is probably real :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 10:35am

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Humm
    Long ass post
    tl/dr can someone provide a brief synopsis?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 11:45am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL when did I ever say "long ass post" ???

Summery..

Karate Kidder Kevin O'Conner 7th dan Karatejitsu - an art he invented himself was charged recently for defrauding the DSS out of 53k in benefits, commital papers are being served in January.

Les McLean aka Les Hart 8th dan aikido - A bullshitter..
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 12/03/2006 9:30am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 8:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to bump my own thread.. not intentional.

I have fired out a number of emails to people who provided me with information last year in connection with both O'Connor and McLean, just to see if they have anything else which I may have missed.

The BJKASSN.com website went off-line due to being hacked (apparently) screen-dump attached, all other websites associated with O'connor's now defunct organisation seem to have removed most of the information about the BKJA (not surprisingly)

I'll keep an eye on the commital papers situation for O'Connor, this is happening in January so, hopefully we'll see another benefit fraud behind bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BKJASSNhacked.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	6684  

~Ella Wheeler

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 10:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll keep an eye on the commital papers situation for O'Connor, this is happening in January so, hopefully we'll see another benefit fraud behind bars.
    Do you know where he's being done?
    Usually local press love anything like that, and most local newspapers print court reports and often have an electronic version... I feel a subscription to "The Sentinel" coming on*!

*If it's happening in Staffordshire, otherwise, it'd be pretty stupid.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 10:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Mate..

News article

"28 November 2006
    KARATE KIDDER

'Disabled' instructor taught kids
    By Brian Roberts

A TOP martial arts instructor was filmed demonstrating strenuous fighting techniques while claiming tens of thousands of pounds in disability benefits.

Undercover investigators recorded Kevin O'Connor, 48, showing off high kicks and punches to an audience of young martial arts trainees.

O'Connor, national coach for the British Jujitsu Association, had claimed he was crippled by a severe back injury and swollen knee joints.

He insisted he was unable to walk more than a few steps, needed a walking stick and was on painkillers.

Over a two year period he received more than 30,000 in incapacity benefit and disability living allowance.

O'Connor was filmed taking classes at his Bushi Karate Jujitsu club in Stoke-on-Trent after a tip-off.

Yesterday he stood in the dock at Stoke crown court in a blue blazer adorned with martial arts badges and admitted failing to notify a change in circumstances while receiving benefit. He will be sentenced later.

Afterwards O'Connor said he had quit as head of the Bushi Karate-Jujitsu Association."

And the first article last year, the followup is in my main post

"The Karate KidderNov 6 2005
    Exclusive By Tom Wells

A TOP martial arts coach could face jail after being charged with claiming 50,000 in disability benefits - while continuing to give karate lessons.

Kevin O'Connor, who also works as a fight advisor to TV shows, is one of the most highly regarded jujitsu and karate instructors in the UK.

But last week the father-of-two, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, appeared in court accused of carrying out a 50,000 scam.

If convicted, he could face up to six months in prison.

O'Connor, 48, ruptured a disc in his back in 1994 and started claiming hand-outs two years later.

He told Department of Work and Pensions staff he was taking painkillers and said he needed a stick to help him walk.

He successfully applied for incapacity benefit, income support and disability living allowance, after also claiming he was unable to work because of the injury.

But following a tip-off, investigators began a probe and charged O'Connor with fraud last month.

The Sunday Mercury understands surveillance footage shows O'Connor teaching falls and throws to pupils during a martial arts session.

It is thought the footage will form a key part of the case against him.

He will next appear before magistrates in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, on December 2.

Last night, O'Connor told the Mercury: "I have done some voluntary work since my injury but no money ever changed hands.

"I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm going to plead not guilty and fight this all the way."

A source close to the investigation said: "O'Connor claimed disability living allowance at the highest rate - which basically means he should not be able to walk more than five metres unaided.

"If the footage shows him in action throwing people around during a martial arts session, then he's got a lot of difficult questions to answer."

O'Connor, whose wife Dawn is also a martial arts expert, is a national coach for the British Jujitsu Association and has taught fight skills for more than 30 years.

He holds a 7th dan in karate - one of the highest belts on offer - and has a 6th dan in jujitsu too.

O'Connor is also a 7th dan in karatejitsu - a martial art he invented himself.

His website describes how he has taught self-defence to police authorities and is a technical advisor to the International Martial Arts Federation.

Last night, James Plaskitt MP, the Government's anti-benefit fraud minister, said: "We are taking a tough line on benefit fraudsters because they steal 1.5 billion a year - money that should be spent on schools and hospitals."

Regards

Dave

~Ella Wheeler
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast