Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial artist vs untrained person?

I was wondering how much of an advantage knowing martial arts gives you in a street fight? Lets say we have two twins of average size, weight, and who have decent natural athletic ability. One twin trains in a good grappling art (lets say BJJ or wrestling) and a good standup art (lets say muay thai or boxing) for one year. Now these two twins fight eachother in a street fight (a fight with no rules). How easy do you think it will be for the twin that did martial arts to win the fight?

Now to take it a step further, lets say the twin that did NOT train martial arts gains 20 pounds of muscle. the twins fight. Who do you think would win?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:54am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neither... I would own both of em'. Coz you are talking about hypothetical situation, and in hypothetical situation I am the Greatest.

GMW

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:55am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asking that is potentially like saying:

Let's say one twin joins a good basketball team for a good year or two, and the other doesn't do (or practice) basketball at all, they then have an one on one match at some point, who'll win?

I mean, come on.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trust me I realize that this is all completely based on wild speculation. I'm just curious what your opinion (based on wild speculation) is?

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 4:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ wins. Always.

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 5:04am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if we're assuming neither of the twins loses it mentally and shuts down, and no freak lucky punches occur, I'd definitely put my money on the trained twin. I mean come on. You do BJJ and MT. Just how easy is it to pwn the n00bs?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 5:07am

Style: BJK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    depends on their mind sets

but given that your going to say they are both even

i would say the non trained twin IF they are both naturaly agressive

and the trained twin IF they are both non agressive by nature

if the non trained twin also put on 20 KG of muscle then definitely the non trained twin

Why does the non trained twin mostly win ?

Because one year is generaly speaking not enought training to become sufficiently good at most styles to beat an equal abilitied (real word?) person.

Of course the real question is what it there not twins but insted are tripplets !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 5:11am

Style: BJK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the Trained twin will be thinking about using his training

while the non trained twin will only be thinking about hurting the other twin

this is why MA with under 10 years experience get beat up in pubs so often, that and incorrect distance

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 5:27am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley
    I was wondering how much of an advantage knowing martial arts gives you in a street fight? Lets say we have two twins of average size, weight, and who have decent natural athletic ability. One twin trains in a good grappling art (lets say BJJ or wrestling) and a good standup art (lets say muay thai or boxing) for one year. Now these two twins fight eachother in a street fight (a fight with no rules). How easy do you think it will be for the twin that did martial arts to win the fight?

Now to take it a step further, lets say the twin that did NOT train martial arts gains 20 pounds of muscle. the twins fight. Who do you think would win?
    Since you define the martial arts as "good" the trained twin should, by definition, win. Had you described them as "typical," I'm afraid you'd be asking a different question.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 5:29am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt
    the Trained twin will be thinking about using his training

while the non trained twin will only be thinking about hurting the other twin

this is why MA with under 10 years experience get beat up in pubs so often, that and incorrect distance
    uh ten years? are you fucking kidding? i have been training for 3 and successfully defended myself whenever ive needed to. 10 years maybe if you do a shitty art like ninjitsu
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast