226210 Bullies, 3648 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 9:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    If the **** hits the fan and you've lost your primary, the best secondary is whatever sidearm is held in your partner's hands. :smile:
    Providing you have a partner. Many LEO's in Long Beach for example ride solo and the town is a bit violent to say the least. Probably your best weapon along your line of thought then for solo work is the radio. In the LBC they call it "The Blue Swarm" cause' they come quick in numbers and swarm your ass.

Equipoise -

Do you have to qualify with yours? That seems to be a good place to start if you do because if the barrel is short enough to make your qualification difficult you may need to experiment with different weapons. Just a thought!

Snub nose revolvers can be a bitch.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 10:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Providing you have a partner. Many LEO's in Long Beach for example ride solo and the town is a bit violent to say the least. Probably your best weapon along your line of thought then for solo work is the radio. In the LBC they call it "The Blue Swarm" cause' they come quick in numbers and swarm your ass.

Equipoise -

Do you have to qualify with yours? That seems to be a good place to start if you do because if the barrel is short enough to make your qualification difficult you may need to experiment with different weapons. Just a thought!

Snub nose revolvers can be a bitch.
    While you are correct about the radio its a dangerous mentality to depend on another person in a time of crises. The recent video of the Boxer and the Cop is a good example of that.

The K-Bar pictured was designed for weapon retention by placing it oppisite of a holstered weapon. If your holding the weapon firmly into the holster with your right hand you use the knife with the left hand to slash downwards onto the oppisitions arms grabbing at your weapon, then create space to discharge the weapon. There is more to it but thats a simple explenation.

The picture is of Mike Taggerts Glock Knife, I like the Persian style of it. It was designed and made to use in conjuntion with handguns in South Africa.

this was designed by Ian van Rensburg, to be used in conjunction with fire arm, it is a fixed blade which is double edge, the angle of the blade gives better coverage to the fire arm with respect to grabs etc, as you have a point & 2 edges protruding from the side of the weapon, the knife itself is still functional as a regular knife with the angle one can still cut, thrust, hook etc.
    Last edited by ar549; 11/28/2006 10:52pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off I ain't no LEO. Second off, I was curious about the subject and asked two friends of mine, one, who is a Mass State Trooper said any of the Smith snub nosed .38+p are fine. He carries it either in an ankle holster or in a special holster designed to attach to his vest.

The other who comprises my regluar crew when I'm home in Mass is an officer on the Hartford, CT police department and works plain clothes in a unit called "Conditions". He carries a Walther PPK in .380acp and stresses not to buy the one SW makes but an Interarms or an actual German one. The Smith one is crap and I can attest to that personally

Hope this helps, Hoss
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    The Smith one is crap and I can attest to that personally

Hope this helps, Hoss
    Good to see you back you hard charging SOB!

Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    While you are correct about the radio its a dangerous mentality to depend on another person in a time of crises. The recent video of the Boxer and the Cop is a good example of that.
    I agree that's why I prefaced it by saying "along his line of thought" regarding having a partner. Protocol says that you call for backup and wait for it depending upon the situation. Playing a hero is cause for trouble. Sometimes they WILL have to act alone depending upon the situation and in that case need to fully rely upon themselves. We are in essence saying the same thing. I am not familiar with the vid. Do you have a link?
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shivworks makes some small knives that are very well designed for their size.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 6:15am

Style: Medieval Italian (WMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of curiosity:

If knives and handguns are SECONDARY weapons, what do you carry as PRIMARY weapons?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lightening and famine.

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolenbjorn
    Just out of curiosity:

If knives and handguns are SECONDARY weapons, what do you carry as PRIMARY weapons?

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Very nice. Can I have one for Christmas, Santa? Pleeeeeeez. Actually, its expensive enough to keep my semi-autos fed and happy, I'd hate to imagine how much ammo I'd burn through with one of those.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neildo, are you ready for Jehovah's return?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast