Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Vae Victus

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 6:32pm

Style: Hapmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Isla Vista Martial Arts Community Center

Okay, I was checking out my old stomping grounds in Isla Vista this Sunday and I noticed that the Burger King had been turned into what I can only describe as a goth-shinto temple. My first thought was of Shinkengata's "Diary of a Teen Ninja."

So my question goes out to the peeps from Santa Barbara/Goleta. Is this place for real?

Their website (http://www.macc.tv claims that they "offer instruction in the discipline of TaeKwonDo and facilitate kickboxing and yoga, as well as mixed martial arts as weapons"

The also claim Isla Vista's largest kickboxing gym, which is very easy to do being the only one, and a WTF certified Master named Patrick Galoustian.

I wonder if Isla Vista wasn't better off with the Burger King instead...

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 7:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must do . . . Dojo review!

Vae Victus

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 7:14pm

Style: Hapmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    You must do . . . Dojo review!
    Sadly, they were closed on Sunday, and I fly back to DC from SFO tonight.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/27/2006 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the irony of the place being a Burger King before a dojo.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 3:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel Browning there are actually 6 studious within a 3 mile radius (2 in IV) and yes we took a Burger King and turned it into a Studio. I remember your call on that Sunday and normally when someone calls me I will open the studio up 24/7 as I almost agreed to when you did call me. It is unfortunate that you have written a review about me and my studio yet we have never met nor have you ever attended any of my classes. Perhaps you were compelled to write something because as you said ”YOUR old stomping ground”, regardless I have taught TaeKwonDo for over 20 years and also teach Kickboxing, self defense and breathing meditation and have trained in various styles primarily TaeKwonDo for over 27 years now. Best of luck to you and perhaps you should write a review after attending classes and meeting the members and instructors or Master. Additionally for your information these are my current and old stomping grounds and over the past years being here I graduated from SBCC then UCSB and have been the team captain and couch. I can tell that you are an envoys and jealous talker; I hope you read the book Bushido and realize how far you have fallen into your envious and jealous ways. Please read more and type less.
    Thank You
    Patrick Galoustian

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 4:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 4:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    Reading comprehension issues?

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 4:24pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy time machine!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a pity that your time at SBCC and UCSB didin't teach you how to read. First, Sam didn't refer to Isla Vista as his "old stomping grounds"; That was frumpleswift. Second, Sam did not write a review about you and your studio, he encouraged frumpleswift to write one. Frumpleswift, however, didn't write one either because, as he states in his post, he was in town for one day and your school was closed.

All of which is irrelevant when you look at the dates on this thread and see that the discussion (all four posts of it) occured on 11/27 & 28/06 and was started by a poster who hasn't been active since 8/31/07. I guess I was able to see these things because, unlike Sam, I'm not blinded by "envious and jealous ways". Why didn't you? Try following your own advice: Read more and type less.

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 5:04pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    Samuel Browning there are actually 6 studious within a 3 mile radius (2 in IV) and yes we took a Burger King and turned it into a Studio. I remember your call on that Sunday and normally when someone calls me I will open the studio up 24/7 as I almost agreed to when you did call me. It is unfortunate that you have written a review about me and my studio yet we have never met nor have you ever attended any of my classes. Perhaps you were compelled to write something because as you said ”YOUR old stomping ground”, regardless I have taught TaeKwonDo for over 20 years and also teach Kickboxing, self defense and breathing meditation and have trained in various styles primarily TaeKwonDo for over 27 years now. Best of luck to you and perhaps you should write a review after attending classes and meeting the members and instructors or Master. Additionally for your information these are my current and old stomping grounds and over the past years being here I graduated from SBCC then UCSB and have been the team captain and couch. I can tell that you are an envoys and jealous talker; I hope you read the book Bushido and realize how far you have fallen into your envious and jealous ways. Please read more and type less.
    Thank You
    Patrick Galoustian

What is it like to fail so comprehensively? I'm 100% certain that Samuel Browning is not envious, nor jealous, of you in any way, shape or form. In fact there is not one person on this site who feels that way, mainly due to the pure unadulterated fail you posted here which will be responded to thusly:

Bravo, idiot.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast