Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 6:59pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smillard
    It might be, I don't remember his name I do remember him being of Scottish decent so that could definitely be his name. I just happened to read the book one day at a Borders when I had time to kill.

The book peaked my interest because I had seen a newpaper article regarding the book and how the Army and "delta community" were not happy that he went into details regarding the creation date of the unit, specific training details and some divulgence of operations including Nicaragua.

You aren't going to tell me it was Haney and he turned out to be a fraud too are you?
    Then it was Haney, and no, he didn't turn out to be a fraud, no one has ever said that he wasn't in delta.

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 7:05pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunt-Thug
    I tahnk you all for your attention and for your indulgence and understanding of My newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will post all proof on this matter as it becomes available. As of now, Billy boys claims to be a member of the 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.
    As to my movie stuff, there are no oscar winners in my resume, but if you like schlock horror, you have probably seen some of my work.
    Is there even a 19th special forces group? If you have a solid birthdate we can run a request for his military record. If he doesn't have the special forces Q course under his training he's full of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 7:08pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I would have thought it strange if he was a fraud after all the flak that came from him writing the book. That would have been the best time for them to claim him a fraud.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 7:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I've learned the 19th is a member of the Utah national guard. In 79 they had an element from the Rhode Island national guard removed from their roster (not to mention many other state national guard units over they years). Their area of resposibility is the pacific and central command.

I haven't been able to find a site that lists people that served, but I seriously doubt he was for the reasons I lists before about rank and grade requirements. The bios of the other people at that school don't make me feel too warm and fuzzy either. I've never heard of the Isreali navy seals or someone being discharged only to be drafted again into the Isreali army. That and training with Frank Dux was the kicker.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 7:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate every ones attention to this matter and indulgence of my newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will list all proof as it comes in. So far, his claims to be a member of 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.
    One thing Stunt Thug, in your first post you said he claimed to be in the 7th Special forces group and this one it's the 19th. Could you clarify which?

The 7th is an active duty group that primarily works in central and south America and the Carribean.

Now if he was in the 19th he could be in the unit as a National Guardsman but just not be special forces qualified. He would have worn the green beanie but would not be officially a "green beret". Kind of cheap loophole if that was his angle.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 10:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn smillard, what is the basis of your military knowledge. I'm honestly learning a lot that I didn't know but I'm just curious where your knowledge comes from, i.e., personal experience, military family, military buff, research, etc...

The Frank Dux thing is awesome.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 1:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mizu Ju Justu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To clarify, He claims to have served with 7th Grp and delta in the past and that he is currently with 19th group which is a national guard SF component out of Los Alamitos CA. On another site for a movie called "Prayer Warrior" (prayerwarriormovie.com) he claims to be an advanced operations trainer for the SEALs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 2:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To clarify, He claims to have served with 7th Grp and delta in the past and that he is currently with 19th group which is a national guard SF component out of Los Alamitos CA. On another site for a movie called "Prayer Warrior" (prayerwarriormovie.com) he claims to be an advanced operations trainer for the SEALs.
    Gotta be a dick.

Please link to the websites or specifc posts that way we can make a record.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 9:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man...this whole thing SCREAMS!!! Frank Dux all over again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Damn smillard, what is the basis of your military knowledge. I'm honestly learning a lot that I didn't know but I'm just curious where your knowledge comes from, i.e., personal experience, military family, military buff, research, etc...

The Frank Dux thing is awesome.

I served back in the late 80's mostly at Benning, Bragg and Stewart, and there are plenty of websites that can give you most of what you want to know such as www.groups.sfahq.com,
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast