Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:45am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stunt-Thug, 'bout time you showed up here. Thought maybe you'd fallen off a building for the last time or something. Anyway, I'd look into his questionable Echanis claim, and to the very disturbing questions that has been raised not only about Echanis' martial arts background, but whether he ever actually served in Vietnam as a sniper at all. Something really smells here, and as I said earlier, Bob Duggan is well known for his outspoken brutal honesty. If Billy lied about Echanis, then he can be assumed to have lied about most everything else.

Billy boy smells like a questionable character who may have fabricated a whole web of bullshit. I think your nose is probably right on here. But like Fake said, you're gonna have to do the research and verify it before you can post the big F word here. Actually, you got off pretty lightly compared to what I went through first time I posted here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by botunga
    Fake, I accept your view that the breed of MA bullshitters has been around for decades. But isn't it also true they are getting worse, and their claims more outrageous? Or were they this bad then, and I just had my eyes closed?
    Had your eyes closed.

Unverifiable linage was/is the biggest thing to hurt MA. Kung fu is the worse. RBSD is the second IMO.

Google anything with words like 60 second knockouts or Special forces Martial Arts. You will be surprised.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunt-Thug
    This guy tried to hire a friend of mine ( a stunt girl) and because she thought we had a similar background, she got me invited to an audition with this guy. I am a stunt coordinator (easily verified through SAG and IMDB.com), a military technical advisor (referrences and documentation easily available) and armorer for film and television. Because of the nature of my job, phonies are dangerous to life and limb. I try my best to look out for my stunt people at all times. Much like the military, it is a tight circle. I met this guy and immediately got the sense that he was bullshit. I have an inquiry being pursued at USSOCOM, as well as at SAG and through Veriseal, to check on his military allegations. I brought this to you fine folks in order to be thorough. If he is bullshitting his military background, what about his martial arts pedigree?
    Welcome Stunt, good to have you on board. You'll notice that it does not take long to get the ball rolling downhill pretty fast here when an apparent MA Bullshitter is propped up for questioning.

Let us know what you hear from your military inquiries.

Mongo is a long time poster here and currently trains in Japan (judo and BJJ) and has always seemed to be fairly dialed in to the etiquette and history behind training and Japanese MA's. His criticism of the 8 year old shodan claim is well taken.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mizu Ju Justu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate every ones attention to this matter and indulgence of my newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will list all proof as it comes in. So far, his claims to be a member of 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate every ones attention to this matter and indulgence of my newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will list all proof as it comes in. So far, his claims to be a member of 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.
    Oh boy, thus the fun begins.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:59am

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone read the bio's on the other instructors? Jacov Bresler who was a member of the Navy Seals in Isreal and trained two years with Frank Dux. The other instructors mostly talk about how they loved Bruce Lee and very little about training experience.

Just from this information on the head instructors the whole place seems a little shakey.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 12:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mizu Ju Justu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tahnk you all for your attention and for your indulgence and understanding of My newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will post all proof on this matter as it becomes available. As of now, Billy boys claims to be a member of the 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.
    As to my movie stuff, there are no oscar winners in my resume, but if you like schlock horror, you have probably seen some of my work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 12:46pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tahnk you all for your attention and for your indulgence and understanding of My newbie mistakes. Rest assured, I will post all proof on this matter as it becomes available. As of now, Billy boys claims to be a member of the 19th group Special Forces are absolutely false.
    As to my movie stuff, there are no oscar winners in my resume, but if you like schlock horror, you have probably seen some of my work.
    OK, go on.....

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 6:35pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    E-mail sent to Joe Corley re: 110 win 1 loss PKA record.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 6:55pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Billy J. Burke = Gabster, in a few years
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast