C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 3:00am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    However, HE didnt come here and claim this. This could be a smear campaign against Burke because "he dun wronged sumbuddy."
    One does not have to come and make false claims on Bullshido to get exposed as a liar here. The threadstarter just brought our attention to a website that hosts Burke's long-long list of unbelievable achievments...
    Still, since I do not know anything about Burke, I'm not saying he IS A LIAR.
    I think so, based on his claims, but I don't know for sure.
    I'm just saying it is VERY UNLIKELY that all the stuff he writes of himself would be true...
    Tonuzaba

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 8:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why does it seem there is a link between christianity and bullshido artists????
    This is an interesting and consistent pattern even outside the MA community. I currently investigate allegations of fraud (Mods - I mean actual criminal fraud) and fraudulent activity committed by private schools. A large number of them are 'Christian Schools.'
    Didn't mean to threadjack - just making a point.

So Billy Burke is part Helen Keller, part Bruce Lee, and part Billy Blanks?

Does this guy know sign language? Someone who doesn't speak until they're 11 years old is going to have some severe problems later in life if he can't communicate.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by botunga
    The claimed connection with Echanis continues to be very suspicious. Especially since bullshit boy John M. La Tourrette also claimed an association with Echanis AFTER his death. This is a very interesting link on Echanis. http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...hp/t-5976.html Here is just one quote from the post,

Even more interesting is the 2nd post on the same page by Bob Duggan. Duggan is definitely for real, and has run ESI for years. If he says Echanis was not much of martial artist, I would be inclined to believe him.
    Isn't there something of a feud between Duggan and the Hwarang Do World Headquarters? If so, then it's not surprising that he might have an opinion like that about someone so closely tied to HRD
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 8:44am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, folks, whatever the original poster's motivations and intent (and I'm as curious as anyone to know what they are, especially since he hasn't contributed a damn thing to this thrread since his original post) Burke appears to be part of a growing breed of serious bullshitt artists. His claims are suspicious, the dates don't seem to be realistic, he can't speak but gets a black belt (but then he can speak) and now he's won more trophies than anyone on the planet. Oh, and he was a student of Mas Oyama too......I'm real surprised he forgot to claim he killed some bulls by chopping off their horns (like Oyama really did). And then the suspicious Echanis claim....

So, Stunt-Thug, where the **** are you? You started this ****. You get cold feet, or what? Come on back and say your piece, and do some more research. In my opinion, you are on to something, and Billy Boy Burke is a person of very questionable integrity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Isn't there something of a feud between Duggan and the Hwarang Do World Headquarters? If so, then it's not surprising that he might have an opinion like that about someone so closely tied to HRD
    Yes, and Duggan openly admits to the feud even in the post I linked too. Just my opinion, but Duggan has always been his own man, and seems to waste little time with bullshit. Apparently he never tried to piggyback on the Echanis connection with Special Forces to enhance his own image, or gain promotions, the way others did.

sdave, did you actually read the full post at the link I provided? Just curious, as I found the post quite fascinating. Duggan was brutally honest, even admitting his own motivations, and providing background on Echanis going back to his Vietnam claims.....
    Last edited by botunga; 11/28/2006 8:55am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2006 8:53am

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Is the Delta guy named Eric Haney?
    It might be, I don't remember his name I do remember him being of Scottish decent so that could definitely be his name. I just happened to read the book one day at a Borders when I had time to kill.

The book peaked my interest because I had seen a newpaper article regarding the book and how the Army and "delta community" were not happy that he went into details regarding the creation date of the unit, specific training details and some divulgence of operations including Nicaragua.

You aren't going to tell me it was Haney and he turned out to be a fraud too are you?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mizu Ju Justu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy tried to hire a friend of mine ( a stunt girl) and because she thought we had a similar background, she got me invited to an audition with this guy. I am a stunt coordinator (easily verified through SAG and IMDB.com), a military technical advisor (referrences and documentation easily available) and armorer for film and television. Because of the nature of my job, phonies are dangerous to life and limb. I try my best to look out for my stunt people at all times. Much like the military, it is a tight circle. I met this guy and immediately got the sense that he was bullshit. I have an inquiry being pursued at USSOCOM, as well as at SAG and through Veriseal, to check on his military allegations. I brought this to you fine folks in order to be thorough. If he is bullshitting his military background, what about his martial arts pedigree?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:04am

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, stunt. I was a bit sceptical about you until now. Been in any movies I might have seen?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Uhm, not that I'd give a pile of **** about either "the House" or Billy "Bad Ass" Burke, but you guys should check out the website before attacking the original poster and asking for his credentials... Burke states SO MANY things you would otherwise burn people for...
    Let me just cut&paste a selection of the best stuff from his website-intro:
    Well, I thought Superman exists only in the movies, what do you think? A guy who trained with all the classical Japanese Grandmasters, who got his black belt at the age of 8 while he couldn't even speak. BTW, he cannot write till this day, because he got wrong the names of Funakoshi as well as the Delta-founder Beckwith... Later he became a multiple champion who only lost a single fight - to his own leg. Besides being a green beret. And he is not making a living with martial arts, but with radio talking.
    I don't know. All this might be true. But then again I might be the next pope.
    Tonuzaba
    No what you need to do is realize what was in the first post. It was edited, read the OP's edit line.

There are a few words you can not use at all until proof is provided. Claims on a website are just that, claims. Yes, people have tried to sue BS so, the Admins must smack someone down that uses specific words without proof.

Again the stuff is highly suspect but, we can't call him ____ with out proof.

Botunga, Burke isn't part of a growing breed they have existed for decades. Don't believe me? Go look at any Black Belt Magazine from the eighties on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fake, I accept your view that the breed of MA bullshitters has been around for decades. But isn't it also true they are getting worse, and their claims more outrageous? Or were they this bad then, and I just had my eyes closed?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast