Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 3:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've added a link to Burke's email response to our inquiries, and comments about said response.

http://www.bullshido.org/Billy_J._Bu..._Investigation

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 3:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Nice job - that is one of the most damning investigations I've ever read here. :flipando:
    Thank you! It was an interesting investigation, and may remain so. We'll keep Bullshido updated as best we can on any developments.

Obviously, he's been making claims of military service for years prior to the Dux video, presumably to boost his credibility as a martial arts instructor and launch a career as a Hollywood action star/fight choreographer? If that is indeed the case, it's utterly sickening.
    That's our current belief. If Burke has convincing evidence against any claims in the article, we will review it, and edit our conclusions accordingly. We don't want to libel anyone, or even to hurt them through inadvertent error, which is always possible.

...and what the **** is this?

http://www.trsdirect.com/talent.php?id=Burke
    Did he/they figure that the rubes were getting wise to tales of Dim Mak/Ninja Death Touches and decide to put an RBSD spin on the same old bullshit?
    TRS Direct carries many such videos, and that is as good a theory as any for their marketing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 2:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav M,BJJ,Judo,Shinbodu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His story is a load of crap. Special Forces work in "Area of Operations" They have to learn the local languages and culture as well as the history, politics, pop culture, etc. So your not going to see an SF operator jump from El Salvador to Malaysia. Unless we are currently in a conventional war there.

Special Forces also never really put a huge emphasis on Hand to Hand only recently they required only one operator in an A-team to be certified as a Army Combatives Instructor. Special Forces have always been known for being smart, that's why most of them have AFQT GT score of over 110.

This may be a small detail but as for his military crew cut, SF are notoriously known for not having military hair cuts. They usually wear civilian clothing and sport massive beards, even State side.

In the video he is wearing a black beret and SGT tabs.... All SF operators have to be a minimum of Sergent. Thats why people have nicknames they call the different MOS's within SF,like Medical Sergent, Weapons Sergent, Comm Sergent etc. So if he was in for 20 years and the minimum rank is SGT, you must of fucked up badly. Since there are not a lot of people in SF, so they make rank quickly so this doesn't make any sense. Plus Black Beret at the time was a Ranger beret, not SF.

Delta Force as we know it started in 1977. He entered in 1979 as an SF. SF training off the street last about 2 to 3 years (depending on your MOS). Basic, infantry AIT, Airbourne, SFAS, Q-course. He wouldn't have completed the Q-Course training until about 1981 or 1982, plus you have advanced SF-ODA training and apprenticeship that can last additional 2 to 6 years. Delta Force training last about 6 months, once your in you have another 6 months to a year of advanced training. This is not possible to do this all in less then a year.
    Last edited by core1065; 12/25/2009 3:29pm at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 6:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some brief thoughts after reading
    http://www.naming-schemes.org/~chardin/bjburke/emails/burke3.html

- I don't know about the rest of the rankings but the 4th dan Judo should be easily verifiable.
    - Has anyone attempted to contact Mr. Charlie Parrish to get his side of the story yet? (if no, am willing)
    - United Martial Arts Instructors Council. The name is unfamiliar to me. Anything to do with the United Martial Arts Association? Google throws up a few possibles.
    - Has anyone contacted any of the guys Burke has claimed also recorded paid 'testimonials' for Frank Dux? If no, jeffphansen77 over on the 'Frank Dux love-in' thread in YMAS would be willing to do so (me too, if required), he says.

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 7:46pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about the rest of the rankings but the 4th dan Judo should be easily verifiable.
    How do you think would be best to do it?

Has anyone attempted to contact Mr. Charlie Parrish to get his side of the story yet? (if no, am willing)
    I'm not aware of any such attempt. Then again, his martial arts credentials were not the focus of our attention at the time. It could not hurt to check, though.

United Martial Arts Instructors Council. The name is unfamiliar to me. Anything to do with the United Martial Arts Association? Google throws up a few possibles.
    Unsure.

Has anyone contacted any of the guys Burke has claimed also recorded paid 'testimonials' for Frank Dux? If no, jeffphansen77 over on the 'Frank Dux love-in' thread in YMAS would be willing to do so (me too, if required), he says.
    It's possible someone has done this, yes.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 8:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Io Saturnalia View Post
    How do you think would be best to do it?
    Ask which governing body awarded him his rank. Always a good place to start.

Any hint of offence or procrastination is an immediate red flag IMO, because it's something you should just fucking know off the top of your head.

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 8:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Ask which governing body awarded him his rank. Always a good place to start.

Any hint of offence or procrastination is an immediate red flag IMO, because it's something you should just fucking know off the top of your head.
    He's not really talking to us just now, and it's possible that he was awarded this rank in Japan while remaining unregistered in the US.

Posted On:
    12/28/2009 7:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations, Mr. Burke! You are now listed on the POW Network's roll of phonies and wannabes:

http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1158.htm

His entry links to our investigation.

Many thanks to the POW Network, Steve Robinson, Eric Haney, and Mel Wick for their valuable help in this investigation.

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Billy is not the guy you are trying to paint here on your website. You sound like someone who has a grudge. I can tell you of some things in his military past, but that would be betraying him. He himself has never to my knowledge misrepresented himself. Publicity, and radio people have - I saw it happen. NO one had it in mind to tweak any frail egos in the MMA community. Obviously someone here has a problem with Mr. Burke. Grow up, you're only feeding the stereotype that plagues this community. Honor is more than a word - go earn some.

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 3:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdude View Post
    Billy is not the guy you are trying to paint here on your website.
    Our article makes no statements about Mr. Burke as a person. It makes some statements about some facts surrounding his past claims of military service. We avoid character judgments in our writeups because they're irrelevant and unprovable; we stick to facts. You should do the same, if you want to be believed here.

You sound like someone who has a grudge.
    Really? I've written a rather dispassionate summary of the facts, which is not characteristic of someone with a grudge. I have never met Mr. Burke, and had never heard of him until I saw the video where he endorsed Frank Dux. I have no hard feelings toward him; in fact, I'd rather work with him to clear this up, but his own approach makes that impossible at this writing.

When someone has a hidden agenda, they usually stick with emotionally loaded statements and give a minimum of verifiable information. Like, say, your entire response.

I can tell you of some things in his military past, but that would be betraying him.
    According to the POW Network, experts in investigating claims of military service, Mr. Burke has never served.

According to Eric Haney and Mel Wick, well-known members of Delta Force, Burke was never a member despite his claims to the contrary.

There are no secrets to betray, except possibly that Burke had never served in the military...and as of the publication of this article, that is no secret.

He himself has never to my knowledge misrepresented himself. Publicity, and radio people have - I saw it happen.
    Really? Why did his biography for the movie "Prayer Warrior" contain the Delta Force lie? That project was "a spiritual journey" for him, in his own words. Why taint it with a lie?

NO one had it in mind to tweak any frail egos in the MMA community.
    My ego is fine and I am not a member of the MMA community. I just don't like it when people lie, and take money to lie on behalf of others. Burke did the first, and claims he did the second.

Obviously someone here has a problem with Mr. Burke.
    "Obviously"? The only obvious fact here is that you're a partisan of Burke's, if not Burke himself, and that you have no facts to contradict the article as written. If you do, present them; if not, you're wasting your time.

Grow up, you're only feeding the stereotype that plagues this community.
    What, that we look into false claims and publish what we find? Heavens, how shall we survive it?

Honor is more than a word - go earn some.
    What honor is there in lying about a military career one never had, and being paid to lie about someone else's?

"Honor" does not mean pretending that people don't lie. It doesn't mean defending or ignoring liars. You abuse the name of honor. Shame on you.
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast