Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/13/2007 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu - Japanese

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have respect for what he taught me and how he treated me. That is my choice. I will try to email the HOC and see what he says. I personally do not think he will address it. But I will attempt. If he is altering the truth for other folks, let the buyer beware.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 8:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh, the caveat emptor defense! I'm going to add that to the list of Bullshidoka Arguments!

The counter is caveat venditor, which means "Let the seller beware." The idea behind that is so the seller must assume responsibility for his product, including all that nasty advertising stuff that goes with it. It could become a major problem for Burke if someone decides to train with him because of any false claims he made...
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu - Japanese

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, thats not a defense. I mentioned I don't embellish my resume for martial arts. I certainly don't condone any one else doing. I fully agree its bad for business, bad for students, bad overall. HOWEVER, not everyone has that same opinion. I also agree that his supposed CV is impressive, and hard to believe. But, if he chooses not to defend it or explain it, I'm only left with my positive experiences that I would not trade or slight. NOW where are the dancing girls at???

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 7:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not trying to slight your positive experiences with him, but I'm also not questioning those. I am, however, questioning the credentials he's claimed. He certainly has the right not to defend or explain his claims, but it will reflect poorly on him - there is no Fifth Amendment in the court of public opinion.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 7:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received the following response from House of Champions:
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Champions' Email
    Please be informed that Mr. Billy Burke no longer teaches for us, and we have no forwarding information.
    I sent them back a thank you and a suggestion that they update their website.

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 11:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Arjukenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the post I'm responding to is old but I just came across it - and I need to say something regarding Billy J. burke. I've seen his DD214 - and being ex-military myself was completely blown away by it! He graduated #1 in EVERY school he ever attended - Basic, all the way up through Special Forces - EVERY SCHOOL!!! And regarding the info about training with Michael Echanis - Billy was the son of an Active Army soldier - he was training soldiers on Base way before he was asked to join by his Special Force Students. And as for the comment about the "Quiet Professional" - Billy is in Show Business - letting people know what he has done and was in the military only helps!!!

Bottom line - I know Billy. I've trained with him. I've seen him in uniform - I've seen the special forces tab and patch, including the red arrowhead with black sword (delta force). He's the real deal!

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 4:48am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the home of martial arts discussion on the Internet.

With all due respect, if somebody with the username "killerscout" writes over the Net that somebody with a questionable bio is "the real deal", it leaves rather a bitter aftertaste in the reasonable Internet user's virtual mouth...

You know, on the Net, your "I've seen his DD214" equals anybody's "I've seen Michael Jackson's vagina and it really has teeth".

Got any kind of proof veryfiable by us, Bullshido members?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 3:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killerscout
    I know the post I'm responding to is old but I just came across it - and I need to say something regarding Billy J. burke. I've seen his DD214 - and being ex-military myself was completely blown away by it! He graduated #1 in EVERY school he ever attended - Basic, all the way up through Special Forces - EVERY SCHOOL!!!
    I feel like this is a post that doesn't even warrant response, but I'll throw one out there anyway.

I'm pretty sure a DD 214 isn't going to reflect a soldier's status as Distinguished Honor Graduate (#1) or anything similar. With regards to Military Education, it will only state the course name, length of the course and year the course was completed (i.e. Special Forces Engineer Course, 23 weeks, 1991//Nothing Follows). I've never seen one that did anyway.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 8:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the thread necro - but is this the same guy?
    (video saved for posterity)

YouTube- Billy Burke Interview about Frank Dux

* Claims to have been special forces for over 20 years
    * Claims to have taught special forces soldiers
    * Supports and endorses Frank Dux's silly claims

What's that insignia he's wearing?
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/30/2009 9:00pm at . Reason: expanded

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 12:20am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone dug up his military record? I think Dux fans are trying to reference that video to legitimise Dux elsewhere.
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast