Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 3:56am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Every Korean Hapkido guy, not just the SpecOps/bodyguard types I've met, has known what an RNC was. The fact that Jimmy didn't just makes me wonder...
    Aha, that clears up a misconception of mine about Hapkido. Also, there's no evidence (AFAIK) that the real Jimmy doesn't know what an RNC is, though I wouldn't be surprised.

Keep it up, OnceLost!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 4:02am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It may not be known as an RNC, but the technique is definitely there.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 8:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, Jimmy Higgins is Dr. House
    Except with crash mats where he teaches gymnastic moves...

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 9:25pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    It may not be known as an RNC, but the technique is definitely there.
    DERAIL:

Is the RNC technique usually taught early in the curriculum or late? Do almost all hapkido classes cover "real" groundfighting?

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 4:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Diary,

Iím completely psyched about the memoir and I donít think it will take that much longer! Itís a good thing I got all my adventures out of the way when I was younger; it gives me time to get on the computer and type up my stories. I went online today to try and build some interest in my upcoming memoir. You know the drill Ė I drift through a couple of internet forums and tell a couple stories, start to fan the flames a little bit. At first I didnít realize the internet was so freaking huge (it just boggles my mind that Al Gore could invent something this neat Ė he truly is my hero!), but after I found the 1,768 yahoo groups dedicated to martial arts, I decided to work smarter rather than harder. I got a bunch of my students to help out by offering them each one belt rank for every 100 forums they post onÖpretty good idea, huh? Iím hoping to get a couple of black belts out of it, which would be great because mine keep leaving for the ATA Tae Kwon Do school around the corner. Probably because they have embroidered belts. Maybe Iím not teaching enough gymnastics on those crash matsÖIíll have to teach the Flash Kick (you know, Guileís move from Street Fighter) again. Itís tough, but ultra effective!

Anyway, one of my students told me a story about Bruce Lee proving that ki was crap. According to this little ear-biter in my advanced weapons class, Grandmaster Lee was on Johnny Carson with these other martial arts experts and one of them was explaining that he couldnít be thrown. A couple of the experts tried to throw him, but they couldnít do it. Then Grandmaster Lee stepped forward and gave the guy a one inch punch to the nose, driving his nosebone into his brain and killing him instantly. I laughed and told my own storyÖ

Quote Originally Posted by tukong
    When I was a yellow belt I saw a Master do the Immovable object demo. He stands there and forces his Ki down and makes himself Immovable and nobody can pick him up. His senior students tried and could not. Someone said, let Jimmy try. He said come on and try.

I walked up, put my arms around his waist squeezed hard and lifted him off the floor with no problem. OOOOoops.. sorry..... He then started saying that it was because I had tilted him back and made his feet lose contact with the ground and his Ki force was broken. Yeah right, whatever. End of demo. That was actually my first master Won Ik Yi.
    Besides, Iím so much more of a bad ass than Grandmaster Lee. Think about it, diary, itís simple Darwinism. He died and I didnít. Absent everything else, that proves that Iím tougher than he is. Iíll bet if I had been in his shoes, I would have fought off the yakuza assassin by giving HIM the quivering palm. Another of my students asked why I still trained under Won Ik Yi after exposing him as a charlatan, but I told him to mind his own business and give me 1,000 kicks. He totally missed the point that my ki was just stronger than Won Ik Yiís. Oh well, what else can you expect from little rubber-helmet wearing jit-lings? I love the little retards, though, I really do.

Anway, I think one more Ki entry in the memoir would really say a lot about me and go a long way toward rounding things out. Maybe a real life situation about how I used my KiÖthat should be popular!

I was teaching a self defense class for some of my studentís mothers. I was supposed to be by invitation only, but Lukeís mom showed up and asked if she could join up. I wasnít real keen about that, because sheís at least 300 pounds and doesnít usually smell very good, but I couldnít think of a way to refuse her. One of the first things I teach is defenses against getting raped, because there are a lot of people who canít get laid without raping someone so I think itís very important. Anyway, I laid on the ground and asked one of the women to kneel over me as if they were raping me. Anyway, the technique I taught is fairly simple Ė see, the attacked is kneeling between your legs with one hand on your abdomen and the other on your shoulder, so you grab the hand on your shoulder and use your feet to push back against both of your attackerís knees, which makes them slide backwards. Then, you simple scoot back and gouge their eyes if they come toward you. It went off without a hitch during the demo, but then Lukeís mom didnít understand (because she has the body mechanics of a cow), so I showed the class again with her as the attacker. But something unexpected happened and instead of sliding back like my students normally do, she fell forward onto my chest.

I donít think Iíve felt anything so heavy since Master Poon Tang had me visualize lifting up those boulders when I trained with him! There I was, laying underneath this huge heifer, and the sad part was that I only needed about 4 inches of movement to work an effective counter. There is no way I could just lift 300 pounds like that, so I started squirming my hips around in a partial range of motion. I told the class that something like this wouldnít happen very often, but if it did they just had to push the weight up for a second. I was doing Ki breathing as a spoke to keep my muscles lubricated, but one of the momís didnít understand that and she was like, ďYour face is turning red.Ē

I managed to yank one of my arms out and I started to touch the pressure points on Lukeís mom, but I couldnít get at them because she was so friggin fat. Normally that wouldnít be a problem, because Iíd use the penetrating power of my punches to blast through her cellulite, but I couldnít make it work without my heels in contact with the ground (it disrupts my Ki). After a few minutes of moving around, I managed to get my head to the side so I put my tongue on the insertion pressure point in the fat bitchís left ear canal and I pressed really hard to take away her strength. It worked, of course, and I was able to roll her off of me with no problem. I had used a lot of the ADP in my mitochondria at that point, so standing up was really hard and I kept seeing little glowing aura balls floating in front of my eyes for a few minutes, but I taught the class something useful, which is that self defense is not pretty, so I think it was worth it. Anyway, after 5 minutes I had used my Ki breathing to recuperate and Lukeís mom got a paper towel for her ear, so we were able to continue with the class.

Years later, she told me that she had told herself over and over again that my squirming wasnít going to get her off, so she was really shocked when I got up.

Ummm, alrighty. Thatís not too bad, I guess, but it might not be very nice to Lukeís mom. She IS big, but maybe I could change the story to be aboutÖLuke! Yeah, and him doing something athleticÖlike weightlifting. That way I could show all those people who think Iím just some internet warrior EXACTLY who I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by tukong
    One of my students, Luke Ko, wanted to understand how my Ki worked. I took him to Gold's Gym and put him on a bench in a power rack with about 300 lbs of weight that was far enough above him to only require 4 inches of movement before his arms locked out in a bench press. There is no way he could do 300 in a real bench press, but in a partial range of motion press he can.

I told him to just push the weight up and hold it off the cross bars for as long as he could. He did for 12 seconds before it clanked down on the cross bars. I told him to rest and then I was going to give him some Ki energy to do the same thing when he felt rested.

He waited about 2 minutes and asked me questions. When he was ready I touched the insertion point of his triceps for a split second, released and said, go! He held the 300 lbs up for about 30 seconds before it clanked down. He was excited and amazed and he said he felt the energy and it was freaky that he almost tripled his first effort.

I told him this was not what I wanted him to see about Ki. His muscles could have just gotten warmed up and then activated more muscle fibers and given him more contractile power and held the weight longer. He looked at me sort of confused. I said now I was going to take his energy and then he could see Ki. He said he wanted to rest and make sure he could give a good effort to see the difference. I said to take as long as he wanted.

He took about 5 minutes of rest and finally said okay, he was ready. He got under the bar and put his hands in the same places and said okay, anytime. I touched his forehead lightly with my finger, released and said go! He grunted and squirmed for about 30seconds but could not lift the bar off the cross bars at all. I was not near him at all during this time. Not even one second or one side came off the crossbars. He was laughing at how weak he felt. He tired again and still could not lift the bar off. We went back to the school and he said he felt so wasted that he slept for 3 hours in the corner on the kicking targets.

Years later, he told me that while he was resting those 5 minutes, he promised himself he was going to make the 12 seconds no matter what it took and was really shocked when he could not get the bar up at all!
    Kick ass! I LOVE the part about him trying to convince himself that he could defeat my awesome Ki powers!

Anyway, diary, Iím going to go pick up some more Kibbles Ďn Bits for grandma. Iíll tukong at ya later!

I am Jiggy Himmins. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but some day and for the rest of my life...
    Ahh, crappy signature AGAIN!! Someday Iíll just NAIL it!

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 5:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diary,
    Someone used a cell phone to take a picture during the self defese class, and they taped it to the door of the school. I hate cell phones with cameras.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 7:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Is the RNC technique usually taught early in the curriculum or late?
    Couldn't tell you, as I've never seriously trained in Hapkido.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Do almost all hapkido classes cover "real" groundfighting?
    From what I've seen, very very very very few do. It's the ones with a strong Yudo influence that do.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 10:40pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a great thread, made better by the frequent entries.

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 8:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When it's not being hijacked...

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 9:33am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's up? No new entries? Or has Jimmy stopped giving stories for you to elaborate on? This Diary thread was easily as good the Ninja one and the BJJ one. More please!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast