Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dearest Diary,

Sometimes I think youíre the only one who understands me. Why is it that people find it so unbelievable that a person would actually use their training to actually do something and make a difference? Is because theyíre just ignorant? Idiots! I canít believe it, but no one else seems to have been trained like I was Ė yet everyone is real quick to make judgments about something they donít know anything about.

It started when I was in the grocery store, diary. There was this woman shopping there and she was COMPLETELY absorbed in what she was doing. Looking at her list, looking at the shelves in the store, never making eye contact with the people around her Ė she never would have made it in the Korean armyís elite hand to hand combat unit, thatís for sure. What if some homeless guy had walked up her and attacked? I decided to take a page from Phil Elmore and remind her that there is nowhere completely Ďsafe.í You know, take her just a little out of her Ďcomfort zoneí. I was hoping she was be interested in the self defense class I teach and then maybe some private classes, Ďcause she was realllly hot. So I made a point of shopping next to her, reaching over her for a few items, staying closer than I had to so she would pick up my ki aura (I couldnít help but notice that her hair smelled very pleasant).

What I didnít count on was her boyfriend. Little guy with some lumpy ass ears Ė he walked up and grabbed my wrist, asking me what the **** I was doing. I calmly told him I was shopping and he asked, very rudely by the way, what I was going to do with tampons. I guess I hadnít really looked at what I was grabbing when I reached past the girl. I took a little ki breath and told him it was none of his business and that I was a trained martial artist so he should let go of my wrist. He just tried to squeeze a little bit to intimidate me, so I reached for a throwing star in my pocket. The next thing I remember, I was lying on the floor with a box of extra heavy tampons on my chest and the little **** was walking with his girlfriend talking about what a Ďgood nakedí she had done. I canít believe he would let her hit me in the head like that and then talk about sex!! Hmmph, some people have no honor. Luckily, my inner ki was strong enough to resist whatever she hit me with, because I didnít have any lumps on my head or sore spots. Iíll tell you what though, diary - Itís a good thing she was there or Iíd have taught him a lesson. This isnít some sport, you know, you gotta go from zero to ready to put a throwing star in somebodyís eye in no time flat, thatís my motto.

Anyway, then I was checking out and I was trying to get the cashier to come to the self defense class. She asked what kind of self defense it was, so I started explaining about tukong and how it was used by the last shogun of the Korean emperor, but she cut me off and asked if I had ever had to defend myself. I told her that a truly skilled fighter has enough ki energy to prevent being attacked and she muttered something that sounded like, ďbu-spit.Ē She refused to talk to me after that, so I just left. Dumb bitch. Thatís why SHEíS a cashier at a grocery store and IíM Jiggy Himmins, 6th dan in combat tukong.

Oh, well. You just canít teach some people. I donít have anything to prove and I donít care if people believe me! I donít!! ohh, damn, a drop of water just fell on youÖ my allergies are making my eyes water. Everyone who really matters knows exactly who I am, donít they? You, my mom, Sai Baba, those are the people who really care about me and want me to stay safe and do well. But maybe I should put a little story in the memoir, just so people understand that I know what Iím talking aboutÖ

Quote Originally Posted by tukong
    The police knew me from 2 citizen's arrests I had made already, 1 one a petty thief I chased down and brought back and 1 on a kid who stole a Korean Dry Cleaner's Van who I followed his buddy after his friend had stolen the van that had been left running and when they met up I grabbed the kid and pulled him through the window of the van and made the citizen's arrest. Most people in the neighborhood assumed I was some kind of cop or special security guy that worked on capitol hill.
    Thatís pretty good! I especially like the last line Ė it proves that people always mistake me for someone with authority. Sometimes Iím so convincing that I sometimes confuse myself!

Anyway, back to the theme of the memoir, which has been ki powers and pressure points. Alright, I was teaching a few lower ranking belts how to escape from when someone grabs your hair from the front. The technique is fairly simple, you hit five pressure points up the arm to weaken it, then duck real low so they have to let go, then turn around into a spinning pax sao (because theyíre going to try to punch you at this point), which turns into a hook kick to their spine. I was trying to demonstrate on this girl and she kept grabbing my hair and pulling, which hurt, so I told her to quit it because an attacker wouldnít really do that. She kept asking what I would do if an attacker DID do that, so I punched her in the stomach and then carefully disrupted her consciousness with a kick to her temple pressure point when she fell down. She started to twitch around, but that was only because of the disruption to her ki. The other students were really surprised, but I told them that an attacker would have expected such an ordinary counter, which is why we train our techniques to work in the real world. When she woke up, she started crying from fear because she realized how easy it was to knock someone out or even kill them. I helped her up (which was easy, because sheís only 4í10) and told her to try attacking again. She shook her head and walked out. Some people arenít ready for tukong.

I donít know, diaryÖsome people might read that story and think that I was a little too harsh on her when thatís not the case. Maybe if she was a senior student instead of someone trying out the class for the first timeÖ

Quote Originally Posted by tukong
    I went to class that consisted of 3 senior students (I never had more than 6 students in a class at the same level), and used a simple pressure point on her and put her unconscious for a few seconds. I released the pressure point and the other two male students were stunned. She never hit the floor as I held her when she slumped. She came to and started to cry from fear and the other students, who had seen Master Kim teach but never seen me do anything like this were in shock.
    Nice, huh? I think it does a great job of showing how cool I am by calling it a Ďsimple pressure pointí AND by mentioning that the other students were surprised.

I am Jiggy Himmins and Iíll be there someday.
    That signature is better than the last one, but it still lacks that special something, that zing that will make people sit up and take notice of me. Iíd really like people to notice me.

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 4:54pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really growing on me.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 5:10pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how he didn't understand the concept of an RNC and it didn't even cross his mind that someone might disable him with a non-strike - though I'm sure the real Jimmy Higgins knows lots of "combat wrestling" - i.e. hapkido and dim mak pressure points.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehehe -- and Jimmy wonders why I have issues with him.

Thanks for the laugh OnceLost ;-)

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 6:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My pleasure, ex-jungyae, my pleasure...
    I seem to have missed some of his entries when he was still posting here...I was thinking of writing a post about the contradictory information he provided, but I didn't think that would serve any purpose.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 6:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    I love how he didn't understand the concept of an RNC and it didn't even cross his mind that someone might disable him with a non-strike - though I'm sure the real Jimmy Higgins knows lots of "combat wrestling" - i.e. hapkido and dim mak pressure points.
    Every Korean Hapkido guy, not just the SpecOps/bodyguard types I've met, has known what an RNC was. The fact that Jimmy didn't just makes me wonder...

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, Jimmy Higgins is Dr. House
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, you have created a "Diary of . . . ." that is entirely its own--fresh and new and different. My heart laughs with joy and emotions which I hope you are feeling as well and also I have plenty enough fish.
    Thank you, my friend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 2:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    johnny how long is it taking you to find an art? youve been looking forever.
    Iím no longer looking so much as choosing, Iíve checked out more than a few places, and there are some good options. Iíll let you all know soon (if you really care) and post impressions of where end up as well as places I checked out. -john

P.S. I had, and am still dealing with some personal/life problems that slowed me down in joining a gym or dojo. But now, no more excuses!
    Last edited by johnny3443; 12/02/2006 2:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2006 3:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW good work OnceLost, Iím enjoying this. I wonder what Jiggy thinks?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast