Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 2:10am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What gets me is that the whole website is hosted on tripod, which is a free website, and it looks like a 10 year old wrote it!

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the extreme displeasure of dealing with this guy on Martial Talk years back. He's a complete loon, fully believing he's really got some secret knowledge to pass on. The fact that he's a complete fake is lost on pretty much everyone except him, his students (the poor bastards), and the twats that continue to offer him recognition (in exchange for some healthy donations, I'm sure).

Nothing but a poorly written laugh riot when you get him in a discussion. You should invite him here... I'm sure he'd provide about 3 minutes worth of entertainment before your eyes start to bleed from reading his posts...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 3:36am

Style: BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu_Anaguma
    so he paid to join some organizations and then moved up through the ranks by getting other people to pay to join the organizations.

Is that about right?
    With ICMAUA, you don't even have to pay to be listed as whatever rank you want on their Member's Roster. Memebership is free! However, if you want the actual certifcates, then yeah you have to fork over some money.

http://www.icmaua.com/Membership.htm

Make payments here: http://www.icmaua.com/Contacts.htm

Here are the requirements:
    http://www.icmaua.com/RankAdvancement.htm

Any time you see this, you know it's bullshit:

International Combat Martial Arts Unions Association, (ICMAUA);

International Combat Martial Arts Soke Union, (ICMAUA);

International Combat Martial Arts Founders Union, (ICMAUA);

International Combat Kenpo Union, (ICMAUA);

International Combat Gung Fu Union, (ICMAUA);

International Combat Karate Jitsu Union, (ICMAUA);
    If you want to be listed as a Soke/Founder/Grandmaster, all you have to do is plug your style in between International Combat and Union and they will list you as such.

http://www.icmaua.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 3:42am

Style: BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are the certificates you can buy, just fill in the blanks

http://www.icmaua.com/Certificates.htm

Lifetime international Membership in the ICMAUA and Unions is free. If you wish to receive a International Certificates from your Union ICMAUA, send, please info by e-mail and payment $25 for the Certificate. All the full responsibility for the information belongs to the authors. The international director and the Unions ICMAUA and ICMAUA disclaim responsibility for any liability, injuries, or damages.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 7:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, someone should invite this guy here... When he posts, he uses all sorts of $5 words, liberally sprinkles "!" at the end of random sentences, and generally rambles on about things incoherently. At first it's funny to look at, kind of like one of those Hellraiser boxes, then it starts making your eyes bleed... :eusa_thin

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 9:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kenpo Soke get mad...

I contacted Mr. Hoover concerning this thread and this was the response!
    Thought it would make interesting reading since it further illistrates how out of his mind this "Soke" really is...
    He couldn't see how all the crap he is listing could be questionable... No, I won't be buying a plane ticket to fight this idiot...:laughing6

From Senior Great Grandmaster 10th Dan Soke Reggie Hoover DKKC;
    Since it seems as though you have a problem with the boards of other organizations granting and recognizing my 10th Dan ranking. I propose a

viable solution to your pressing problem.
    I propose that you challenge me to a Bare Knuckle Test Of Martial Skills. This test can be in a neutral location such as Washington DC. It will be verified and judged by 4 Grandmaster Judges and 4 Grandmaster Verifiers that the test took place.
    On my end there is Grandmaster George Petrotta Of South Carolina ISA,
    Grandmaster Lee Of New York American Kenpo, Grandmaster Robert Handley Of New York Of The World Martial Arts Union, and Grandmaster Nimnar Hassan Of Kosho Ryu Kempo, New Jersey. You will have your choice of the 4 on your end.
    In honor of my Sifu, Shifu Roger Clinard Of Shaolin Gung Fu, honor of Okinawan martial tradition, and honor of being a ranking international representative of the World Street Combat Systems Organization. I will accept your challenge.
    My lawyers can draw up the Waiver of Personal Injury and Liability as soon as you choose to accept this solution by your yes response to this mailing. Your Lawyers can then do the same for me to sign.
    This will verify once and for all to you that I’am who they say I’am and give you the opportunity to see really who you are. If you do not choose this avenue of verification. Then you cannot say that these organizations were wrong in the decision to choose the higher ranking black belt members.
    Since you also wanted the martial community to know that their choices of ranking me was not in their best interests. This e-mailng will be mailed to both the national and international organization communities. Because, they have a right to know! You wanted to be known as a ranking skilled Master in the Kenpo Arts. I have presented to you this chance to do so, through this Martial Test Of Skills. I personally look forward to your acceptance reply.
    Sabba Papassa Akaranim / “Aviod All Evil”
    Grandmaster Reginald Hoover
    10th Dan White Crane Kenpo-Jujutsu
    World Street Combat Systems Organization
    Martial Arts Association-International
    World Nibuikai Budo Federation
    World Martial Arts Masters Society

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    5/14/2007 1:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let him know that since he is challenging you that he needs to fly/drive to your location.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 1:29am

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, he even signs with a host of titles/associations. Dude must have mad typing skillz by now. Anyone in DC want to challenge him? Win or lose, you get to fight a 10th dan in front of some other "masters." If you win, you can demand that they recognize you as 11th dan... and they probably will... *sigh*

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 10:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch the videos on his website.

On the first page (http://chiduce.tripod.com/index.html), near the bottom, there's a video of Soke Reggie waving his hands about, posing, and eventually getting winded from doing very little.

On this page (http://chiduce.tripod.com/id35.html), you can see the blank stare of his brain-washed student... It's scary how some folks will suspend their good judgment for **** like this.

The techniques in these videos are crap. They're done poorly and applied inappropriately. If that's meant to represent even the most basic level, beginner performance, I think it speaks volumes as to the "grandmaster's" abilities... If that's his "master level" knowledge and experience, well, 'nuff said...

This is just one more case of a gaggle of like minded fantasy-dwellers getting together to reinforce their mutual departure from reality. :3some: It's just too bad that a disclaimer of some sort can't be pasted across the front of their rather overstuffed uniforms along with the rest of the patches... "We aren't D&D LARPers, but we're just as divorced from reality as they are. Our colored belts and Chinese certificates are spiffier than their funky cloaks and rubber swords."

Lastly, on a more humorous note, why does it seem so few people can pronounce "larynx" properly??? It's not "lair-nix," it's "lair-eenx." See also http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/larynx for additional guidance...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2008 9:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was doing a search on eBay looking for a historical book on Jujitsu, I ran across the Valadez Kenpo Association. They were/are selling DVD's that instruct you on different styles of martial arts that are created by the Association. They have strict rules on advancement, unless apparently you buy it through eBay.

For $45.95 after shipping, you receive the Reality Street Survival Valadez Kenpo Combat system. With it you get 11 DVD's, 2 CD's, certification's up to 1st Dan Black Belt, and an instructor’s certificate. Since the website states that you can't advance unless you have tested, I emailed him about it. He wrote back that it was based on the honor system. So that would mean not only would you would have a "Black Belt", but you could instruct others.

And I wasted $50.00 on a video game, damn...

With all seriousness, it sounds like a scam to me!
    Last edited by KaosRebel666; 12/08/2008 11:30pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast