Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    yes elaborate on matsuis cowardness plz
    I just did, read the last post on page 1

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:29pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol that is pretty fucked up kicking a downed student, but thats the nature of the beast in hardcore kyokushin dojos. and im sure his students were aware they wouldnt come out undamaged.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:34pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol that is pretty fucked up kicking a downed student, but thats the nature of the beast in hardcore kyokushin dojos. and im sure his students were aware they wouldnt come out undamaged.
    Problem is, he didn't just kick the downed one 'automatically', in the video it seemed more like he was actually in control of what he was doing (rather than just accidentally going with the aggressive flow), but then decided to kick the downed student, I think the leader of IKO1 is a disgrace to Kyokushin.

Hell, did you know that recently Kyokushin credit cards have been invented? (I can find pics in a moment) the more money you spend, the more points you'll get, that can be used to buy Kyokushin goods, how McDojoish is that?

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:36pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KK is never gonna fall into true mcdojoism since many dont do it because of the injury factor, and its because not kiddy friendly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KK is never gonna fall into true mcdojoism since many dont do it because of the injury factor, and its because not kiddy friendly.
    *Shrugs* perhaps my bad feelings toward Kyokushin just stem (somehow) from the fact that my current dojo sucks major ass.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Z
    If you watch the movie clip where he does the 100-man Kumite, you'll notice that a lot of times he just grabs the opponent's leg and then sweeps the other leg so that the opponent falls, that combined with the fact that all of his students will cower before him, and that he actually kicked one of his students (during the 100-man Kumite) while he was down (which is disgraceful!) makes me think of Matui as a coward.
    I remember that.I got the impression whoever that was was doing something stupid.I didn't know he was his onw student.

About the leg grabs and sweeps.I kind of like them and I wish we were alowed more of clinch work.

Since you said you wish that KK was more like it was during Mas Oyama time.Than you don't have to look far than that video.

You really can't have it both ways.It's the nature of the sport.

I just can't agree.Any style is at risk of becoming McDojoish.Even reputable styles.

I have met and trained with ex-kickboxers and grand-mothers in KK.Not exactly a strong point for advertising.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I remember that.I got the impression whoever that was was doing something stupid.I didn't know he was his onw student.

About the leg grabs and sweeps.I kind of like them and I wish we were alowed more of clinch work.

Since you said you wish that KK was more like it was during Mas Oyama time.Than you don't have to look far than that video.

You really can't have it both ways.It's the nature of the sport.
    Another minor complaint is that I wish Kyokushin allowed punches to the head. *Sob*

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I have met and trained with ex-kickboxers and grand-mothers in KK.Not exactly a strong point for advertising.
    What's wrong with ex kickboxers in KK.

Doctor Z, let me put it this way, if there was a Muay Thai school near me I'd go there instead of Karate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 4:50pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IKO1 is the suckiness as far as KK groups (I think so anyway). Matsui is certainly not leading KK in the direction everyone would like it to go.

But Daido Juku is the greatest Karate style ever!
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast