11/23/2006 1:56am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    http://www.cqcmagazine.com/2005-fall...cape/index.htm

He sucks on the ground for starters.
    High TKD kicks for self defense...? Is he serious?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 1:34am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cqcmagazine.com/jul-05/ac...carf/index.htm

He is an absolute clueless idiot on the ground. A blue belt in BJJ knows 10x more than he does about the ground.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 1:50am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    http://www.cqcmagazine.com/jul-05/ac...carf/index.htm

He is an absolute clueless idiot on the ground. A blue belt in BJJ knows 10x more than he does about the ground.
    In a pic about one-third of the way down the page, MR Hochheim states:
    Quote Originally Posted by CQC magazine
    If the top-side head moves back from this pressure, it
    becomes a target for a leg-wrenching roll-over or a leg choke..
    The leg choke is called the Triangle Choke.
    In the pic Mr Hochheim has only his opponents head in between his legs, not the head and the arm.

A dangerous man indeed.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't the real comedy here that he's veering away from that old "sports don't work on the street" warhorse and moving on to "sports won't teach you how to escape a scarf hold"?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, I take that back. The REAL comedy here is that he is banging the "sports don't work on the street" drum, and then showing how to escape side control with a 19th century Catch Wrestling head scissors submission.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is pretty funny.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he's familiar with Japanese martial arts and silat and he's concerned with the far arm gouging his eyes or whatever, shouldn't he know about keylocking the bad guy's near arm with his legs and using his free hands to deal with the remaining arm? It doesn't even have to be a "sport hold that leaves you open to multiple attackers etc". In silat the arm is captured and you stomp out your leg to tear up the shoulder joint (the way you would in sport grappling if you wanted to **** someone up). Kind of like this:
    http://www.mma-video.com/mma/Combatives/kesavol3.mpg

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 2:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think most of the people who are making negative comments are full of ****. Youre cherry picking a few things out of the thousands of things the man has gone on the record as saying and blasting them. There are examples of Hock himself publically stateing to not purchase older material because its changed or the newer stuff is more thourough. I know for a fact he is a believer in showing students many things and letting them choose what they believe will work best for them. More importantly he has been in the game a very long time and how many people have you heard complaining about his classes? I for one have heard no complaints.

Since these kinds of things always come down to putting your money where your mouth is I will do just that. I know for a fact there are some members in the Dallas area, If two of them are willing to go and take the upcoming knife class given by Hock at a cost of a hundred bucks a piece for the first day I will give them a money back gaurentee. They go to the class, take notes, come back to the forum and present their findings and If they dont feel it was worth the money I will give them their money back withen 30 days by Western Union.

The upcoming class is a two day deal and the price is one fifty for two days or one hundered for one day. I will gaurentee the one hundred dollar day for two people. They can sighn on to the deal and get aproved through me but will be required to put their money up first by paying a deposit and registering for the class themselves through Hocks organization as I have no affiliation to Hock other than being a member of his forum and as most already know Im half way around the world.

Just post below and say you are interested and I will explain what to do right here on the forum for everybody to examine in a completely upfront way.

Thats right a money back gaurentee for 2 people. If I dont give them the money back the Admins can just remove me from the forum and my critics can sixty nine each other til the interweb goes down.

Samuel, If you read this I will donate a hundred bucks to you towards taking any class Hock will teach in your area in the coming year so you can go there and give us a review,

Thanks, Bryan Lee

Seminar - January 13, 14 Dallas, TX KNIFE!

$75.00

Reserve your slot with this $75 down payment, or simply pay the full $175 at the door. This is a unique and special knife event

W. Hock Hochheim's
    UNARMED vs. THE KNIFE SEMINAR
    13, 14 January, 2007, Carrollton / Dallas, TX

See and Learn:
    = The Military Solutions
    = The Police Solutions
    = The Martial Arts Solutions from Karate, Kali/Filipino, Hapkido, Aiki-Jitsu, Silat, JKD Concepts, Kung Fu and even more...
    = Plus Hock's Unarmed vs. the Knife Ground Fighting Progression.

Hock will demonstrate and teach the many numerous concepts, techniques and tactics of unarmed versus the knife from the major militaries, police and martial arts. Experience the rich history, then customize your future as Hock helps you forge responses that suit your situation, size, shape, skill and strength.

Also this is the material taught in level 9 of knife course and Level 9 of the Unarmed Combatives Course. "If you need it? This is the place to get it! I hope that people working on rank will attend both days because the progression begins on Saturday morning. You can still attend and learn Sunday, but the chance for rank progression is diminished without starting with us on Saturday." - Hock

Cost and Location Saturday: 12 Noon to 7:30 pm. Sunday: 10 am to 4:30pm. Any one day $100. Any two days $150. Held at Jeff "Rawhide" Laun's Carrollton Martial Arts Academy, 3733 N. Josey Ln., #108B Carrollton - 75007 [972] 395-2589 (remember Rawhide is available for private and semi-private lessons before and after this weekend. Take advantage of this growing trend before he gets booked up.

Please try to bring a replica pistol and an airsoft, battery-powered, semi-auto pistol. Bring a training knife, a stick or baton, a belt and pants with pockets (sweat pants and martial arts uniforms will not maximize our training needs) Bring eye protection! Bring at least one hand focus pad and a kicking shield. Some of this gear will be available for sale, and may be shared, but we are anticipate many participants and we may run short.

Last edited by ar549; 11/24/2006 2:47pm at .

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -I am not full of **** about Hock's cluelessness on the ground. I have right at 20 years grappling experiance and I train with 6 month white belts who could demonstrate better escapes from the headlock. If his opinion on this material has changed he should take it down off his webpage and stop selling DVD's with this material on it. It is crap. The free MAC video online is a better place to start with grappling.

-I am too far from Dallas to take you up on your offer.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    11/24/2006 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ar549....I think that Ronin.pimp has some credibility in ground fighting, and is qualified to make a judgement of it. Look at the BJJ Brown Belt tag he has. Thats a LOT of Ground fighting XP. Those things arent handed out like Hochs Expert Certificates after you take a 3 hour class.

There are many schools of thought on armed assailant vs unarmed defenders. A great deal of them come from constant training (full contact) much like The Dog Brothers do. If you are attacked by someone with a knife, you are going to get cut a LARGE %age of the time. (if not everytime)
    I have seen a lot of Hochs stuff and it looks chancy at best. I mean.....hammer fist to the top of their knife hand? WTF? Letting them get close enough to stab and the sidestepping setting them up for an arm trap? WTF.
    Think about it man. The new stuff from him seems like the same mechanics/principles but with new names. Hell, wether you call it a hammer fist to weapon hand attack or striking top of weapon hand attack...it is still the same thing.

He may have some good techniques out there....throw enough darts at a board and one is bound to hit a bullseye.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast