Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 4:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Austin, TX - Austin Karate Academy

Even if you aren't part of one of the families that attend the school, you are considered family. We have a very supportive environment, and push each other to excel. Even though our art does not focus on competition, our personal work towards excellence help us to be fierce competitors at invitation, regional, and world tourneys. Often placing in all sections and all ages/levels. We train, we spar, we learn, we have class outtings monthly just to hang out. Everyone is pretty even tempered, but still rowdy enough to go at it when it's time to put on the pads. We stick pretty close to curriculum, but as Tang Soo Do is open to other areas of training combat Hapkido and other self defense techniques are incorporated into training sessions.
    :5grouphug:waoya
    Last edited by poetre; 5/29/2007 6:48pm at . Reason: added physical address and update of accolades

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 3:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is a creativity team?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think you may have given your school slightly high ratings under aliveness and striking instruction. this is based on the fact that you do not have a full contact fight team.

if you review what the various numbers are supposed to represent, you may want to change them
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2007 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    understood. Where would I go to edit those settings without creating another review score?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 6:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creativity team - better known as a demo team
    We previously did not participate in this area of regional competition, but now plan to stand on top regularly.

Interesting thing about us: If we break boards, we break the same as we do in tests. 1/2 inch, not easy snapping 1/4 boards and with multiple boards we rarely use spacers. ex. 3 board straight punch with no holding apparatus