Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 9:05pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NoGi shorts rock the freakin' party.....

Before going on if this is the wrong forum for this please feel free to move it.

Before I fought this month I contacted Chris Brennan at NoGi about possibly sponsoring me. Chris, being the super cool wicked like awesome guy that he was, said sure!

Well I waited and waited and even stuck around a bit later on the day I was suppose to leave to drive 4 hours to Edmonton for the fights. The shorts didn't show up. I called my roommates on Friday (the night of the fights) to let them know I had made weight and check on my dog and my buddy tells me there is a package there from California for me. I had some friends driving up that day and they brought the shorts up with them.

I finally got a look at the shorts about 3-4 hours before I fought and figured at the minimum I'd warm up in them and then fight in my regular shorts. 5 minutes after putting them on I was sold and fought in them.

Fit - Perfect, I seriously gave my Sprawls away that night. The fabric gives enough for movement (I threw and landed a head kick with them on no problems) and the weight is perfect. The draw sting and closure is excellent as well, much nicer than any other short I've owned either specific to fighting or just board shorts.

Function - The fabric isn't as slick as the Sprawls and gives it kind of a 'grippy' feeling but without binding my legs (for example, when I had mount I felt like I could rely on the shorts to maintain my grip). Although I only had guard once in the fight the movement was easy and I really couldn't believe afterwards how nice a pair of shorts right out of the box were.

Little things - Okay, really its the little things that separate a pair of shorts. The outside pocket was really nice, full velcro for the closure and it was big enough for my mouthpiece and iPod. Cleaning, I wore the white shorts with the brown trim and somehow my opponent broke his nose in the fight. I looked like a freaking butcher when I got out of the ring and yet one washing and the shorts look brand new.

Over all these are the nicest most well thought out shorts I have ever worn. Huge props to Chris and NoGi for the sponsorship and the shorts. I would 100% recommend contacting him and getting your hands on a pair of these, seriously I could go on and on about them but really they're just perfect.

TKD

PS - In case you're wondering I lost in the third round and was a little disappointed in my performance (the promoter thought it was fight of the year though) but promise I'll be back and hopefully add another W this time in NoGi shorts!

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 9:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt

Little things - Okay, really its the little things that separate a pair of shorts. The outside pocket was really nice, full velcro for the closure and it was big enough for my mouthpiece and iPod.
    Dude you listen to your ipod when fighting?

Badasss!!!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 9:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Dude you listen to your ipod when fighting?

Badasss!!!

I assume he meant while training, however, picturing him listening to Down with the Sickness while punching the other guy is an awesome visual.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No no I like the idea of someone fighting while listening to his ipod.

Think of the sponsorship opportunities!!!

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 9:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    I assume he meant while training, however, picturing him listening to Down with the Sickness while punching the other guy is an awesome visual.
    Seeed and Damian Marley, I'm pretty mellow before I fight :$

Oh, and it was in the warm up room they gave us, I think grappling around an iPod wire would be tricky but I figure give Apple a few years and the whole thing will be wireless anyways.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 6:55pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool stuff, mind adding it in the Articles section for this and future postings?

http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...category&cid=3

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done and done!

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 4:28pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Seeed and Damian Marley, I'm pretty mellow before I fight :$

Oh, and it was in the warm up room they gave us, I think grappling around an iPod wire would be tricky but I figure give Apple a few years and the whole thing will be wireless anyways.

TKD
    I can't believe I've finally met another Seeed fan! Freakin awesome!

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I can't believe I've finally met another Seeed fan! Freakin awesome!
    Yeah I was suppose to walk into 'Schwinger' but the promoter though 'Running with the Devil' was more appropriate for some reason. I'm planning a trip to Germany in the new year and am planning on trying to see them when I'm out there!

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 5:28pm

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is the drawstring long enough to use as a garotte??

that would be cool,
    also have you tested the shorts on the lava or broken glass outside??