Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2006 12:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDale
    It alwasy sucks to feel like you hurt people when you didnt mean to. Yestreday I heel hooked a guy (who I assumed would tap nice and early) and he didnt tap till his knee made a click noise. Luckily hes walking on it again today so it acnt be too bad.
    Catch and release.

Don't insist on a tap from someone who doesn't know (a) that they are in a dangerous position and the pain they feel is disproportionately slight compared to the injury they will suffer, and (b) they will suffer much more than a sprain or bruise, they will suffer an injury that takes a LONG time to heal (if it will heal, in the case of a heel hook vs. foot lock).

Too many of us are used to toughing out uncomfortable or even painful positions because we know that it takes a lot more cranking to be injured. But I think the heel hook is the opposite, you don't get as much warning from the pain. It doesn't hurt much so you think the other person is doing it sloppy and/or you are about to get out.

"Good rolling partners protect their stupid rolling partners." :kermit:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2006 12:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsifu
    He is trying out for Team Paul Mitchell!
    I can never get a laugh out of Aesopian. He's a peerless practitioner, but Eddie Bravo would shut him down 24/7 at the Comedy Club.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123