Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 11:01pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... wow... hes' a troll.

leaving aside cuts...

i think it's a toss up between kicks to the head and groin shots. the throat is a harder target to hit than the groin and the groin shots just hurt more... as long as there aren't cups.

headbutts, at least in the vids of burmese boxing i've seen do damage, but haven't changed the fight in the way I think we're talking about... and it's a hella target of opportunity type shot.

stomps and kicks to the head from the floor have ended a ridiculous number of pride fights... and could easily happen in an SD situation.

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 11:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rule about "intelligently defending". That's the one that gets most fights stopped early.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 11:10pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally would like to see it go back to the original rules set. Everything goes except for eye gouging, biting, throat strikes and fishhooking (although they didn't add fishhooking until after the Tank Abbot vs. Oleg Taktarov fight, pure genius on the part of Tank, "Hey if I put my hand in his mouth and jerk him around by his head, he won't bite me because it's against the rules." Ah the good ole days.)

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WEAPONS

"He got the DLT! He's going down! He's going for the guard pass...OMG!! He's bleeding all over the place! He's got a knife! This fight is over...OMG! The other fighter pulled a shotgun! I can't see how the other fighter can win this...OMG! He pulled out a rabid robotic pitbull that shoots killer bees! This just gets better and better!"

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 11:40pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    WEAPONS

"He got the DLT! He's going down! He's going for the guard pass...OMG!! He's bleeding all over the place! He's got a knife! This fight is over...OMG! The other fighter pulled a shotgun! I can't see how the other fighter can win this...OMG! He pulled out a rabid robotic pitbull that shoots killer bees! This just gets better and better!"
    "And tonight for the Welterweight title... Hughes has been training his shiv game diligently, but we know that Georges Saint-Pierre has been taking kendo for some time now and there seems to be a katana-shaped object in the hands of his trainer... this should be quite a match, ladies and gentlemen."

Re: the intelligently defending rule - true, it gets a lot of fights stopped, but do you really think many of them could plausibly get turned around? (though I won't argue that some of them might)

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Re: the intelligently defending rule - true, it gets a lot of fights s+topped, but do you really think many of them could plausibly get turned around? (though I won't argue that some of them might)
    There have been a lot of good fights where someone comes back from a good beating and pulls it out. There have also been fights where the fighters are seperated and the loser barely has a scratch on him. It's a lot less certain than when they go limp or tap to strikes, at least.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    There have been a lot of good fights where someone comes back from a good beating and pulls it out. There have also been fights where the fighters are seperated and the loser barely has a scratch on him. It's a lot less certain than when they go limp or tap to strikes, at least.
    On reflection, there are a lot of those.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:19am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Energy wave attacks are currently illegal I think.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid

headbutts, at least in the vids of burmese boxing i've seen do damage, but haven't changed the fight in the way I think we're talking about... and it's a hella target of opportunity type shot.
    Do you have any links to some fights with headbutts in them? I go on and on about headbutts but obviously I haven't ever really seen one in action, just the old Phil Elmore "understanding of biology and body mechanics" line ; )

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think if the ufc didnt stand people up so fast matches would be drastically different.

especially when 1 guy is down and 1 is standing. the standing guy should be allowed to kick as much as he wants, and it should be the downed opponents responisibilty to find a way back to his feet.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast