Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 10:41am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another variant with a nice kimura on the other arm: http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=173

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 11:53am

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great stuff, guys. I'll work on this crap in class tonight.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 11:57am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata
    Here's another variant with a nice kimura on the other arm: http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=173
    Been using that for a while now. Most people at first just get this look like, "WTF? I'm supposed to be in the dominant position!"
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 2:02pm

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "trick" is not to attempt this technique when you are flat on your back. Even if you can lock it, it's usually not much of a choke and it's pretty easy for your opponent to escape.

You need to hip-escape slightly away from your opponent, so that you are on your hip that is closest to your opponent. Angle wise, it's similar to trying to re-compose your guard.

Obviously, if they are holding you tightly, you will not move away from them much, but will be able to rotate your body so that you are "facing " them. (i.e. more on your side)

This will give you a much better angle to lock the choke tightly.

Once you have it locked, forcefully "pull" on your opponent's sleeve. Re-lock if need be.
    Last edited by Spezza; 11/20/2006 2:16pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually been getting this occasionally lately since people think I'm too fat to have good hip flexibility. Very good move, though most experienced people won't ever get caught in it from side-top.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 5:18pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say there, old sport, are you turning into a chunky monkey?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 7:37pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to try this a couple of times during randori Monday night. If someone's across your stomach, they're done for. If they're doing the pin PROPERLY and have their chest on yours... you can't do it unless you have the flexibility of one of those creepy little Chinese girls. The guy I tried it on is way bigger than me though, so it might have been impossible regardless.

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 9:18pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it actually doesn't matter what cradle, there's a couple there, but it's not arm/leg, it's head and leg. I would cradle, fall to one shoulder and have them stacked and pinned. does that not work with the gi on or something?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/23/2006 1:11am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use cradles all the time. I use them even when in someones gaurd as a pass. First I brake the gaurd, then pull one leg onto my shoulder and pin the other one down with my hand. From there I stack and reach my arm (side with leg on my shoulder) over and around the head while I sipn to the other side, going under that leg. I end up in positions similar to the pin you guys are talking about but I cradle from there very tightly. It works no prob because they have no room to move.

On topic though, I never reach my arm through the leg in that pin, I think its too dangerous.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/23/2006 8:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone use a cradle to get out of half guard? Just thinking, you might be able to get a rolling over cradle, it would be a sacrifice move but may work.

Since wrestling moves are now brought up, anyone ever try to break someone down when they turtle up? I've done the break down where you lift the far leg and drive forward to help me get a hook in, then I can work for the other one. Actually, thats how wrestlers get the hook in from a turtle position when they "leg wrestle" ( getting one hook in is when leg wrestling begins)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast