Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 5:53pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine
    OK, now I understand.

Dim Mak works 0% of the time on grapplers, 40% of the time on str33t toughs, and 100% of the time on other Dim Mak students.
    Do you realize how hard it is to read threads with Chan's glorious face looking back at me?

As for the video, does he have his massive gut registered as a lethal weapon?

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 2:37pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    I'm still a little amused by Stephan Bonnar being in that clip. I may be too easily amused.
    I didn't recognize him the first time! I knew that dude looked familiar... ;)

Anyway, yes, I like how he assumes that all BJJ players are "natural athletes" - how about "people who go to the gym regularly" ?

And how does he explain his power working on his students without fail when even against street toughs it's only 40%?

Good thing he didn't try to no-touch KO the reporter, since when it didn't work it would have contradicted his "natural athletes" principle (no offense to the reporter).

Reporting on stuff like this would be a fun job at first, and then it would be a depressing job, and finally I'd just kill myself with my Kiai shout in order to end it all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 6:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuledByEnmity
    Do you realize how hard it is to read threads with Chan's glorious face looking back at me?

Everytime I post to a thread I find myself staring for a few seconds too, so I understand what you mean.

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 10:20pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dillman needs his ass kicked! He has been ripping people off for years.He should get one chance to try his BS. on uncle sam,and if he fails, they outta throw his ass in the pokey for fraud and throw away the key!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the part when the instructor fell unconscious when the student did it on him.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:40am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... even if you believe the guy there doesn't seem to be an advantage to taking Dim Mak

I mean if you take BJJ you get to be a natural athlete and invulnerable to Dim Mak.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    So... even if you believe the guy there doesn't seem to be an advantage to taking Dim Mak

I mean if you take BJJ you get to be a natural athlete and invulnerable to Dim Mak.
    But I mean, the point is that most BJJ people are not natural athletes... they're just athletes, i.e. people who actually put a strong focus on fitness as a component of martial arts.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 1:39am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    But I mean, the point is that most BJJ people are not natural athletes... they're just athletes, i.e. people who actually put a strong focus on fitness as a component of martial arts.
    I realize that. I'm just pointing out that whether or not you believe Dillman BJJ seems like a better choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 1:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bonnar wasn't a celeb when this was filmed. I'm pretty sure the Dillman clip aired before TUF and Bonnar's entrance to the UFC.

Posted On:
    11/20/2006 2:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I realize that. I'm just pointing out that whether or not you believe Dillman BJJ seems like a better choice.
    Yah, not trying to contradict you - the natural athletes line is just my personal hangup with this whole thing. I'm mad that Mr. No-touch seems to THINK that they are natural athletes just because they make an effort to get into/stay in good physical shape. Sorry if it looks like I'm disagreeing, my post was meant to complement.

Anyway, yes, even under Mr. Nutjob's KO theory you should take up BJJ since it apparently teaches you immunity better than whatever he's doing.

P.S: What are the odds that Bonnar would be in this video before he rose to (relative) fame and fortune? Although I guess if you consider how many people there are studying BJJ trying to get into MMA, I guess statistically it's not improbable that you'd run into a future star at a given high-profile BJJ school.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast