Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Q&A with GEORGE ST. PIERRE

This Saturday, at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California, George "Rush" St. Pierre will Challenge Matt Hughes for his welterweight title for the second time at UFC 65. Since losing to Hughes two years ago, George has gone defeated a who’s who in MMA, notching wins over Jason Miller, Frank Trigg, Sean Shrek, and, perhaps the biggest feather in his cap, former P4P stud B.J Penn. With a murderer’s row like that, the Montreal native has more than earned another shot against Matt Hughes, the only man to ever beat him and arguably the greatest welterweight in the history of the sport.
    In their first fight, George, to the surprise of many, was physically dominating Hughes until he was caught in an arm bar with just seconds left in the first round. George has all the tools needed to become a champion; an abundance of skills either standing or on the ground, frightening athleticism, and strength to match anyone’s—even the preternaturally powerful Hughes. But what makes George stand out from the rest, and has helped him transcend from a popular Canadian champ to an international superstar, is his uncompromising integrity, admirable attitude, and humble demeanor. In a brutal sport, kindness and compassion such as his is a rare commodity. Yet it is these genuine personality traits, showed off time and again, that has made George among the most beloved warriors in the sport.

READ THE Q&A HERE: http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=227

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:06am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe, sean shrek.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    proofreading for the win.

(isn't there an s in georges?)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 12:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TIGER STYLE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    proofreading for the win.

(isn't there an s in georges?)
    Georges is the french way of spellling it. It's acceptable to translate names to the language you are writing in. Sort of like how in American History Books it Says King Ferdinand was the king of Spain. There is no such king in Spanish history, it's Fernando.

I hope that makes sense. Now if you are finished bitching, go read the Q&A

FightBeat.com

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JB: At the conclusion of Hughes’ recent fight with Penn, you went into the octagon and uttered the now infamous statement, "I was not impressed by your performance." What motivated you to do that?

GSP: It was a mistake. I misunderstood. I thought Matt Hughes was talking bad about me. I regret what I said. I just exploded because I thought he was insulting me once again. I went to his locker room after that to apologize. Sometimes it takes more courage to apologize than the mistake itself.
    JB: What was it like working with Randy Courtier?

GSP: It was good not only from the technical side but also the mental side. He's very nice to teach me how to see fights.
    JB: If you have ever been on any MMA forums, you would know there's no shortage of misguided hate and fighter bashing. But when your name comes up, the conversation usually turns positive. What is it about you that makes fans respect you so much?

GSP: I don't watch the forums. People can say whatever they want. They don't know the sport very well and they say some not very nice things about me. My friends tell me the bad things they say.
    JB: Well, there will always be haters, George. But from what I observed, I think people respect you and see you encompass a rare combination of being a genuinely humble, nice guy, along with being a great fighter.

GSP: Ahhh perfect! You are touching me saying such nice things.
    GSP will lose this fight. There's no way his shuttle runs between orphanages and soup kitchens will be adequate conditioning, and the stress of knowing he'll have to save Christmas AGAIN this year will distract him from the fight.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really is a match of good vs evil.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 4:52pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If GSP doesn't win, I'm going to die a little inside.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacWombat
    If GSP doesn't win, I'm going to die a little inside.
    Same here. I hope MFS loses two belts tomorrow. I really don't like anyone at MFS. Except for my favourite, Jeremy Horn. Does that count now that he has his own gym? But I digress... WAR GSP!
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:43pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't either. I don't know about Spencer Fisher as a person, but I do LOVE him as a fighter. Damn he is entertaining.