Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 12:02am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting… If you get the chance and can share some details (maybe post them in “Your Martial Arts Sucks” instead of here) there are a few people who might find it interesting. If you haven’t already take a look at all of Jimmy’s posts, he has some “entertaining” things to say and add what you can.

Mostly a lot people here think he is full of crap as he spouts a lot of generalities but fails to provide real details, or 3rd party verification of his claims. Oh he says he has, but he expects everyone to do the work for him and it all turns into one wild internet chase.

I’ve met Jimmy but my exposure, THANKFULLY, has been very limited.

Welcome to Bullshido, hope you stick around.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 2:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoppa
    The "modern" mixed martial art of "Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan" is which is more than 50 years old. It began when Grand Master Hwang Kee began teaching it in Seoul, Korea in the fall of 1945. He mastered Soo Bahk Do and Tae Kyun by the age of 22. In 1936, Master Kee traveled to northern China where he encountered a Chinese variation of martial artistry called the Tang Method. He studied the Tang Method of Kung Fu from 1936-1945 and combined it with Soo Bahk Do to develop what he would call Tang Soo Do.
    You do realize that Tang Soo Do is the Korean pronunciation for the Chinese characters pronounced "karatedo" in Japanese, right? Or that Hwang Kee never made any bones about the fact that he was teaching Shotokan Karate in the '40s and '50s and only claimed that he only supplemented his Shotokan with Chinese Long Fist and his base in Taekyon? Hwang Kee revived the name Soo Bahk Do in the early '60s to counter Choi Hong Hi's attempt to establish his hegemony over the unification of the kwan under the banner of Taekwondo.

You should check out the KMA forum on Bullshido a bit more to get your history straight.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 2:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want this moved out of .org & Trollshidoed. Can someone report the first post for me?

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 4:15pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I want this moved out of .org & Trollshidoed. Can someone report the first post for me?
    Will do.

Put the junk where it belongs.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123