My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 9:38am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reypac
    Anyone know of any schools near Hohenfels? I'm getting stationed there in February, and here at Ft Rucker, there are no schools, and I would really like to get back into training. Hohenfels is a huge training area for the Army (or so I've been told) so I'd only assume they would have some BJJ or army combatives classes somewhere there.
    I was stationed in Hohenfels at 1/4 INF until 2005.

There wasn't any BJJ in the area when I was there but there is an awsome Judo school in Amberg. I started a big Combatives program when I was there and left it in good hands with MAJ Leavitt and SSG Czarnecki but they are gone now too and I don't know if anyone is keeping it up.

There is a school in Bamberg but its a bit of a drive, same with Munchen. I heard there was supposed to be a BJJ/MMA school opening in Regensberg, its about 15 mins away, but I don't know anything about it.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 7:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Freestyle Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks man. The guy doing my PCS told me he would ask around for it. I've read that there is a big gym with "wrestling mats," so I assume some combatives go on. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 7:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search this thread:

http://www.kampfkunst-board.info/for...inieren-49086/

It is a list for Grappling/BJJ Schools in Germany. It is from a german forum and maybe you need someone to translate. But even if you cant translate, if you read the whole thread you may find the city you are looking for mentioned with the address of the school in the same post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 6:58am

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltwanabe
    Landstuhl is a nice small town with stuff to do, Ramstein is similar, Kaiserslautern is a larger city about 15 minutes away, you can take the train there for like 5euro, Franfurt is about an hour or so away. It's a nice area to be in, close to a lot of things.
    i found a training opportunity which supposedly is close to kaiserslautern that offers kickboxing and bjj, maybe it is worth checking out for you guys down there:
    http://kss-blackeagle.de/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 7:13am

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Claus
    I heard there was supposed to be a BJJ/MMA school opening in Regensberg, its about 15 mins away, but I don't know anything about it.
    this school is located in regensburg and supposedly offers bjj/judo:
    http://www.3l-akademie.de/index.php?...d=13&Itemid=27

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 8:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ in Frankfurt (kind of near Landstuhl)

Quote Originally Posted by lucistius View Post
    Just a bit of thread necromancy to avoid starting a new one. I am heading over to Landstuhl in June of 09 and I am looking for anything in the area. I am based at Ft Polk right now and there is absolutely nothing in western Louisiana so I have not been actively learning for a while. Any information or points of contact will be appreciated. Thanks.

Landstuhl is not too far from Frankfurt, where we have an excellent group under Alliance BJJ (Fabio Gurgel)

Check out the website: http://www.alliance-bjj.de/

It might be a bit of a haul (90 mins.) But it is well worth it, and you will probably come to Frankfurt pretty often anyway if you live in Landstuhl.

PM me if you want more info.

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 7:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Breathing Heavily

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, sorry for the mild thread necomancy. However, I thought it would be better to post in this thread rather than starting a new one.

I am going to work in Moenchengladbach from Summer onwards and would like to know if anyone knows of any good BJJ/MMA school nearby.

The only one I can find on the interweb is http://www.jkd-akademie.de/, which does Luta Livre training. I have googled the instructor and he seems to be fairly active in grappling competitions, which is good. However, the image of Bruce Lee on the website and the heavy JKD bias makes me somewhat wary so I am looking for alternatives just so I can make a more informed choice.

I don't speak german, which doesn't help! (I plan to learn some german before going over though)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 12:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterGreen View Post
    First off, sorry for the mild thread necomancy. However, I thought it would be better to post in this thread rather than starting a new one.

I am going to work in Moenchengladbach from Summer onwards and would like to know if anyone knows of any good BJJ/MMA school nearby.

The only one I can find on the interweb is http://www.jkd-akademie.de/, which does Luta Livre training. I have googled the instructor and he seems to be fairly active in grappling competitions, which is good. However, the image of Bruce Lee on the website and the heavy JKD bias makes me somewhat wary so I am looking for alternatives just so I can make a more informed choice.

I don't speak german, which doesn't help! (I plan to learn some german before going over though)
    Gave the site a quick look, ELLO is a legit ValeTudo/ Luta Livre organisation, trainer states
    he admires Bruce Lee for breaking with tradition, has broad background in MA with no obvious bullshittery, i would say if you have to take this school you're not too bad off.

Posted On:
    3/01/2009 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Breathing Heavily

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ing_Un_Podong View Post
    Gave the site a quick look, ELLO is a legit ValeTudo/ Luta Livre organisation, trainer states
    he admires Bruce Lee for breaking with tradition, has broad background in MA with no obvious bullshittery, i would say if you have to take this school you're not too bad off.

Thanks. Did you get that off the website? Did you come across any info about costs? I scoured the website but saw nothing that resembled the euro sign.

I'll probably give that school a go when I get to Menchengladbach and after I've learnt some german!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2009 4:16pm

Style: Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go and check out Michael Schmitz' school in Mönchengladbach. He is a good guy.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast