Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 2:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PM f4nf4n. He's german.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 3:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah and I moved to NY to train so I am as helpfull as a second asshole.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2008 10:00am

Style: Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm german as well. Do have a look at www.luta-livre.de and email Andy to see if there are any schools near you. There are many fine grappling schools in Germany, whether it is BJJ or Luta Livre.

For Berlin: Frank Burczinski of www.jkdberlin.de is legit.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 2:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks everyone, took me a bit to get back to a computer. One of these days I will get out of this shithole sandbox.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in the Landstuhl area right now and I've found the same problem, no BJJ, MT or MMA schools in the area. The only thing I've found close is a kickboxing school that also teaches Krav Maga. Thinking of taking classes there because anything is better than nothing and if nothing else it would be good exercise.

I'll check out the Judo link you posted.

Looks like to do any BJJ/MT or MMA training while living around Landstuhl will require a long drive or train ride, which I don't have time to do.

Thanks for the info, finding any info about schools in Germany has been tough. I've found more info on this site in 5 minutes than in 5 hours searching the web.

Quote Originally Posted by sui generis
    ok, since nobody tried to help you so far, i 'll give it a try:

as far as i see it, you are many miles away from any bjj/luta livre training in your area.
    the nearest should be a luta livre school in ludwigshafen, which should be around 90 minutes by train from landstuhl. the homepage of this school is http://www.optimale-selbstverteidigung.de/

this basically means the for germany usual thing, which is look for judo and wrestling clubs.
    here is the adress of a judo club in landstuhl that i found, maybe they can help you http://www.sportplus-ev.de/

i dont know anybody from said schools/clubs personally, i just thought it might be easier for me to search for you, so good luck with your training :icon_wink

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you at LRMC? That is where I am heading and I am having a hard time getting any kind of info on the area.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes I live in Landstuhl

so far I have been unable to find anything jujitsu or BJJ related in the area or even Muay Thai, all I've found close is a kickboxing school in Ramstein-Mesenbach that teaches some Krav Maga as well

it is very disheartening since I have little to no interest in anything other than BJJ, jujitsu or MT since they have been proven time and again to be the most effective combination of stricking and ground game, but it appears as though there are simply no options available in the area

my last resort effort is to post a sign on Landstuhl and Ramstein simply asking if anyone knows of any BJJ, jujistu or MT schools and leaving my number to call

hopefully something will hit, but I doubt it:sad7:

Quote Originally Posted by lucistius
    Are you at LRMC? That is where I am heading and I am having a hard time getting any kind of info on the area.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 11:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the area like, generally speaking? I am in Baghdad right now and a lot of things are blocked on these MWR computers. Frankly I am surprised I can even get on this site. I am trying to gather as much info as I can since I am not going to have that long once we get back to get ready before I head over. Even if you know of a good website with info because all I can seem to find is stuff about the hospital, not the military living in the area. Thanks.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure of any websites about the area, but you can Google Landstuhl and it will tell you some stuff. It's a nice area of Germany, it's getting pretty cold this time of year, 40s during the day. Landstuhl is a nice small town with stuff to do, Ramstein is similar, Kaiserslautern is a larger city about 15 minutes away, you can take the train there for like 5euro, Franfurt is about an hour or so away. It's a nice area to be in, close to a lot of things. This is a link to a newpaper, hope it helps some.
    http://www.kaiserslauternamerican.com/

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Freestyle Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know of any schools near Hohenfels? I'm getting stationed there in February, and here at Ft Rucker, there are no schools, and I would really like to get back into training. Hohenfels is a huge training area for the Army (or so I've been told) so I'd only assume they would have some BJJ or army combatives classes somewhere there.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast