Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Some Bad Muay Thai RBSD?

    Okay, I did a little searching for this Guy "Master Sken" and found didly **** so I might was well give it a shot and hope it hasn't been mentioned 3 years before I came on Bullshido or something.

    Broawsin' youtube and flaming TKDers, I commented on their wannabe RBSD and one responded that Muay Thai is just as bad. Using :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woDc...elated&search=
    as his argument.

    What I see is bad Demo acting and action, fake knife defenses, a lot of spining and kicks I've never seen in Muay Thai competitions, and just overall Bullshido. They claimed one of the guys was a European champion, which I will google when I'm not too lazy.

    Another thing struck me funny as I searched around this guy sells a DVD on Muay Thai, and while a lot of good martial artists have videos out for other videos, so doesn't really mean red flag, but it IS a DVD after all, y'know?

    Please comment.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    75
    Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not Muay Thai...

  3. #3
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuledByEnmity
    That's not Muay Thai...
    And yet that's what he's calling it.....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,472
    Style
    CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai does have spinning kicks, but they are rarely used because they're effectiveness is low percentage in comparison to the other techniques available.

    If I had to make a guess I would say that it looked more like TKD RBSD than anything that I've seen in MT.

  5. #5
    rw4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,022
    Style
    BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, it's one bad video. Challenge him to find more, and for every bad MT video send him 10 bad TKD vids. That should be easy enough to do. Every style has it's assclowns, it's just a question of what percentage of the whole they represent. In TKD it's 80-90%, in Muay Thai it's more 10-15%.

    Send him the video of the TKD guy getting his ass raped in the ring by an MT fighter.

  6. #6
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Muay Thai does have spinning kicks, but they are rarely used because they're effectiveness is low percentage in comparison to the other techniques available.

    If I had to make a guess I would say that it looked more like TKD RBSD than anything that I've seen in MT.
    Didn't know they did have the spinny kick element, but either way yeah, this looks like a TKD demo, why it's by a MT "Master" I don't know.

  7. #7
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    So, it's one bad video. Challenge him to find more, and for every bad MT video send him 10 bad TKD vids. That should be easy enough to do. Every style has it's assclowns, it's just a question of what percentage of the whole they represent. In TKD it's 80-90%, in Muay Thai it's more 10-15%.

    Send him the video of the TKD guy getting his ass raped in the ring by an MT fighter.
    I settled the argument pretty similarly with what you said to do, I just wanted you guys to see this sorry excuse for "Muay Thai" y'know?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736
    Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see what's wrong.It's just a demo he's performing for the crowd as some sort of half-time show.Just about every art does demos (demonstrations of movements).

    Actually I think I've seen Sken on TLC once talking about MT.

  9. #9
    WorldWarCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,121
    Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I don't see what's wrong.It's just a demo he's performing for the crowd as some sort of half-time show.Just about every art does demos (demonstrations of movements).

    Actually I think I've seen Sken on TLC once talking about MT.
    I guess I just don't like MT looking like TKD, y'know? There's just something wrong about it. And did any of those techs look applicable to you? Looks less like a fighting gym's demo and mor like a McDojo's

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736
    Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Each individual movements yes.Well probably.It depends on each situation you MIGHT be faced with.

    Maybe he teaches an acting workshop aswell as MT in his Gym.LOL!

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO