Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 5:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    It looks like the BJJ instructor is a blue belt named Brock Garner (http://www.bobchaneymartialarts.com/...ock-garner.htm)

He lists some pretty esteemed instructors that he has learned from or trained with, i.e., Pedro Carvalho, Wander Braga.

A good blue belt can provide great instruction on the basics,( see Aesopian's work for reference). However, without a more experienced instructor your advancement and technical proficiency in BJJ will be limited.

I just checked it out today, I asked about the BJJ, originally they used an Internal Instructor and they just launched the BJJ program. Today, they informed me that they hired a 2nd Degree Black Belt in BJJ to take over the program and will formally re-launch it. I will do a full review of everything I saw and how my free trial went.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 1:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai,Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Owner

I just want to let you guys know that Bob Chaney World Martial Arts has a new owner & new inuctors in Muay Thai they have the one and only Malaipet (The Diamond) he's a great instructor & down to earth is hard to find those two qualities in a fighter & in BJJ they have Chris Dick he's a 2nd Degree Black Belt he's great in what he does he breaks down everything step by step. Bob Chaney hasn't made the right decisions in getting intructors in the past they brain wash him & he would just put them to teach because he's so money hungry.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 1:16pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Under whom is Chris Dick's 2nd Degree?

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 2:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll find out for you I'm not really sure since I don't do BJJ,they also have two other professional fighters that help out with trainning they train under Pedro Calvajar something like that but I'll keep you post it

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 3:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For all of you out there I just want to let you know what I just found out I found out that one of Bob Chaney student that trusted him & admired him a lot he looked up to him has been burn by Bob Chaney this student started a new business selling gear for martial arts & he gave Bob Chaney a-lot of money to buy gear for him & to hook him up with his connections & Bob was suppost to order gear for him from Thailand & he hasn't received anything & this has been 1 1/2 years already & Bob Chaney keeps ignoring him every time this student confronts him. I think that suck because this student put all of his savings to start this new business & let me remind you that this student use to see Bob as a dad he would go to him for advise every time,if he does that to students I would hate to see what he does to close friends & family,& whats the use to claim to be an 8th degree black belt if he's not following anything what a black belt means
    Last edited by CAE; 5/18/2007 3:59pm at .

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for all of you guys who are interest it in becoming a fighter now there's openning for team diamond in upland california (bob chaney studios) they can get you fights with in kickboxing,mma,tae kwon do tournaments

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAE
    For all of you out there I just want to let you know what I just found out I found out that one of Bob Chaney student that trusted him & admired him a lot he looked up to him has been burn by Bob Chaney this student started a new business selling gear for martial arts & he gave Bob Chaney a-lot of money to buy gear for him & to hook him up with his connections & Bob was suppost to order gear for him from Thailand & he hasn't received anything & this has been 1 1/2 years already & Bob Chaney keeps ignoring him every time this student confronts him. I think that suck because this student put all of his savings to start this new business & let me remind you that this student use to see Bob as a dad he would go to him for advise every time,if he does that to students I would hate to see what he does to close friends & family,& whats the use to claim to be an 8th degree black belt if he's not following anything what a black belt means

It seems a little hard to believe since Bob Chaney seemed like such a nice guy who meant well. I guess its possible, because when I signed up back in November, I was told by Chaney, the School in Temecula was just going to be a Franchisee using his name with occasional appearances. Now it looks like he dumped Upland and took a few people with him to Temecula. I feel a little pissed because when I signed that contract I expected to be learning from him, as I was in the beginning, for the entire length of the contract.

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you train at bob chaney I have a friend that trains over there,he said that at the beginning he was also train by bob chaney but know he is train by Malaipet and loves it. he told me that theres no more long lectures that you use to take the whole hour of trainning. Yes he took some people with him & my friend is ok with that because those people thought that they were to good to train with somebody else.did you know that bob chaney never had a fight in muay thai all he did train & spar in Thailand I thought he use to be a fighter,& yes he seems a nice guy when you meet him but if you know him very well that's when you start knowing him that's what my friend told me that he has treated some people very bad that's why instructors don't stay with him or fighters like malaipet bob chaney brought him here then there was a problem 7 since Malaipet didn't take his side bob chanyey got really mad & that's why Malaipet left,now he's back working for the new owner & he made clear that he didn't want to have anything to do with bob chaney. What's your name maybe my friend knows you how long have you been there,my friend has been there for about 3 years thats why he knows so much.

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 10:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's unfortunate when stuff like that happens. I actually had just started in November 2006, however in December I had to stop because of work and then later my bum knee. I've cut weight to help my knee (and myself) and I'm expecting to restart next Monday evening. Your friend probably won't remember me if he saw me since I was only there for a short time, but my name is Roy. Maybe a fresh start will be good for me.

Posted On:
    5/18/2007 10:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that sounds good that you're willingto restart muay thai & you'll probably like it a lot according to my friend did you like for the month that you were there?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast