MAGIC CLOTHES FTW!!!!

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 8:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teh Kool Kids Klub [Tm.--Ed.] says you are not funny!

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *NOTE* This post is in response to the original topic

You MUST judge a teacher by their students, including not only the instructors they bring up, but all the senior belts. And that also includes kids. Most Total Krap Do schools I have ever seen teach even worse Bullshido to the kids, and the kids love it. Next thing you know, you have a 10 year old black belt, and that is just a shame.

Makes me want to wipe my ass with my TKD BB, cause that's what it seems worth to me. "Oh, but your one of the GOOD students, you're on the sparring team and get extra workouts with the master." Yeah, well don't insult me by making paper black belts either Ronald McSensei.

"Yeah, but it's a good work out for the kids, and they're having fun!"

STFU

I mentioned briefly in another thread how in junior high I pwned a kenpo red belt a number of times, while not being naturally athletic and before ever taking my first martial arts class. The damage to our sons and daughters is the fake confidence that they can handle themselves in a fight. And what happens after black belt? Yep, got the milestone, out the door. So they stop training before they can become old enough to enter any real competition.

I've also heard moms was asking the "master" to hurry up and test little Johnny for his black belt, because their contract was up in two months. WAY TO FUCKING GO MOM!!! TEACH YOUR KID TO LOWER HIS STANDARDS, THEN QUIT ANYWAY!!! So while the antagonist is the bill paying mom, the instructor who allows this deserves to have his balls kicked in.

So morale of the story, from my POV, is if you wouldn't go to a class for their adult curriculum, it's a good idea to pull your kid out as well.
    Last edited by Crushing Step; 1/10/2007 12:00pm at .

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 12:05pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist
    *NOTE* This post is in response to the original topic

You MUST judge a teacher by their students, including not only the instructors they bring up, but all the senior belts. And that also includes kids. Most Total Krap Do schools I have ever seen teach even worse Bullshido to the kids, and the kids love it. Next thing you know, you have a 10 year old black belt, and that is just a shame.

Makes me want to wipe my ass with my TKD BB, cause that's what it seems worth to me. "Oh, but your one of the GOOD students, you're on the sparring team and get extra workouts with the master." Yeah, well don't insult me by making paper black belts either Ronald McSensei.

"Yeah, but it's a good work out for the kids, and they're having fun!"

STFU

I mentioned briefly in another thread how in junior high I pwned a kenpo red belt a number of times, while not being naturally athletic and before ever taking my first martial arts class. The damage to our sons and daughters is the fake confidence that they can handle themselves in a fight. And what happens after black belt? Yep, got the milestone, out the door. So they stop training before they can become old enough to enter any real competition.

I've also heard moms was asking the "master" to hurry up and test little Johnny for his black belt, because their contract was up in two months. WAY TO FUCKING GO MOM!!! TEACH YOUR KID TO LOWER HIS STANDARDS, THEN QUIT ANYWAY!!! So while the antagonist is the bill paying mom, the instructor who allows this deserves to have his balls kicked in.

So morale of the story, from my POV, is if you wouldn't go to a class for their adult curriculum, it's a good idea to pull your kid out as well.
    Im just waiting for some Bullshido fanatics to go off the deep end and go on a arson spree across the nation burning down bullshidojos.

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 2:19pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's actually the Bullshidokas who're most famous for acts of extremity.

Anyone remember the alleged Count Dante and the Dojo Wars?

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Garlic should definitely be mentioned somewhere...
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910