Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Pancrase
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello from Ian Nai in So. Mexico

Hi all.
    My name is Ian Nai. I am a fighter from southern Mexico, although I have trained mostly in Brazil, where I went first to train Capoeira Angola under master Joao Pequeno. I quickly developed a taste for Vale Tudo and began training "unoficially" with some friends in Bahia. Later I met some of the folks of Chute Box out of Curituba (prof. picapau, and nilson de castro) I intent to go back to train with them in 2008.
    Last year I went to Japan, where after making the rounds I got my fist big chance handed to me on a silver platter: to fight Yuki Kondo in Pancrase Blow 11. I was really doing them a favour in a sense, as the shceduled fighter could not make it, and they could find no one crazy enough to take his place with no preparation time, three days before the fight. Well, I took it, although I had not trained seriously in almost a year, as i had been recovering from a pretty bad injury (piriformis tear).
    Needless to say, I went into the fight more concerned with keeping myself whole that actually winning, although I did get a couple good lick in, Kondo's ground skills got me before long.
    Now I am heading back to Japan to train in Pancrase, at Kondo's gym in Yokohama, and start from the bottom. Hopefullly I can work my way up to once again challenge the king of Pancrase!
    I am still interested in capoeira angola, although it is for the most part a no contact art, I feel it can prepare a fighter (especially in GPP/recovery, and coordination) and I continue to operate a Capoeira Angola academy in Southern Mexico.
    Anyway, I ran in to this site, and it looks like there are people here who know what they are about. If there is anyone goint to Tokyo or Yokohama to train or fight, id be glad to be in touch, be corner, or help out in any way.
    Peace all!

OmegaBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, IannaI77. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    Wing Chun, Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice man. Except you will never be the true king of pancrase in my eyes until you beat Bas Rutten.(best pancrase fighter of all time)

Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omegabot? Omega has robots that do his bidding now?

Wah! I want robots!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omegalings are bad enough.

Style
    Pancrase
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, i heard Bas was back in UFC?? did he beat Kimo or what?

Style
    Wing Chun, Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IannaI77
    hey, i heard Bas was back in UFC?? did he beat Kimo or what?
    I think Bas is too busy coaching in the IFL to go back to fighting competitively.

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pancrease?
    Name:  illu_pancrease.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  22.4 KB
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Style
    Pancrase
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jaja Tonusaba, funny, hadnt heard that one before... whew!!!
    actually it comes from the greek. pan=all, crase=power
    look it up

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bas didn't fight kimo, as kimo popped positive some time prior to the fight (iirc).

Page 1 of 2 12 Last