supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Dude,

Tomorrow is Friday.
    Good lord. I though it was Friday already. :eusa_doh:

Hmm, either I need coffee, or get out of work and get some sleep... or probably it's your avatar :evil6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey macho, talk to me about this seminar

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 8:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Certainly. The seminar is going to be taught by Josh, the no-gi instructor at my school. I'm still trying to get the details, but more or less he expect some of the people in the beginner's seminar to have little to no experience in grappling. He is going to bring his gi, but I'd suggest to bring your gi as well as a pair of short and t-shirt in case he does no-gi stuff.

I want to work on improving my guard as well as in regaining the guard - I get mounted quite easely. If the seminar happens to be become too beginnerish (ie. the majority of the attending students have no experience), I may stick around for the intermediate seminar from 2 to 4.

Keep in mind that the seminar will be done in a Muay Thai school which is exploring ways to cross train with a BJJ instructor. If some of the white belts from my school go, then it may not be as beginnerish, and Josh may go over the fine details sweeps, passes, subs and stuff like that.

The seminar is $35 per 2 hours (so if I end up taking both beginners and intermediate, it may end up being $70, which is not bad for 4 hours under a qualified instructor).

The location for the seminar (beginners 11-1pm and intermediate from 2 to 4) is at the Hammer Gym, 1271 NE 9th Street Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304. We can call and ask for Larry (Hammer Gym Owner) at 954-557-5430 to preregister. Plus Josh is also available at his e-mail address joshmanso@comcast.net .

I'm certainly going :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 8:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might go to the begginer class, how late is too late to register? do you think I can register on location Sat.?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 9:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wife's got plans Saturday and Sunday so I'm on child watch and will not be able to make Renato's tourney.

Macho and Anthony let me know how it goes; turnout, talent, facilitation, etc.

Macho, I saw above that you want to work on your guard. Check out my log for guard recovery drills. My guard recovery ability has increased substantially from doing the simple drills Paul showed me. If you need more detail PM me.

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 9:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko687
    I might go to the begginer class, how late is too late to register? do you think I can register on location Sat.?
    You can register on location for $35, or you can pre-register for $30. I'll will be registering on location myself, and I don't think that many people will go (due to the competitions tomorrow).

GoldenJ, I'll take a look at your logs. Thanks for the suggestions!!! I'll pm pm you if I get stuck on the drills... or under somebody's mount :tongue3:

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey GoldenJ, where can I find the logs?

thanks

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 12:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks macho, But I just notice that I don't have permission to access the page.... it sucks a lot

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 12:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dude. Yeah, the logs section is available to supporting members only :tongue6:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast