Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 9:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

South Florida - Continental Cup of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 2006

FYI to the peeps in Dade, Broward and WPB counties (or anyone driving/flying by), the 2006 Continental Cup of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is taking place on Saturday, Nov 18 from 8:30AM until 2:PM. Gi and No-Gi, Kids, Teens, Women, Men divisions. From Novice to Masters. The game is on.

5901 Pine Island Rd
    Parkland, FL 33076
    (just a little bit northwest... sorta... of University Dr and W. Sample Rd.)

For more information contact Renato Tavares (http://www.renatotavaresbjj.com), or http://www.southfloridabjj.com.

For specific questions regarding the complete rules of competition, check http://www.southfloridabjj.com/sfbjjcontinental.html

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck to all who compete. I'd be there cheering everyone one, but I have to work Saturdays. Which really sucks.

Hopefully next time around, I'll be competing as well (and not sucking as much).

You competing El Macho?

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 12:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo
    Good luck to all who compete. I'd be there cheering everyone one, but I have to work Saturdays. Which really sucks.

Hopefully next time around, I'll be competing as well (and not sucking as much).

You competing El Macho?
    Me??? Man, after getting bulldozed in the last couple of classes, certainly not. LOL. These ATT guys are brutal :) There is a lot, A LOT that I need to work on before I even try to compete. I do want to do it however; there are a couple of tourneys (I believe) coming up on April and onwards, in which I want to give it a try.

I'm 50/50 about checking out this particular tournament. I'm not working on that day, but I usually babysit my nephew on Saturdays (which is why I missed half of the NAGA a few weeks ago), so I don't know. My instructor is going to compete, and probably a couple of the guys from my school are going to compete as well. :icon_chee
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 1:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear that. I've hit my two-month mark and people have decided I've had enough of a honeymoon. Plus, all the people who are competing are using me as their practice dummy.

Ah well. Maybe we'll end up competing in April when I THINK I'll be competant enough to even step on a competitive mat.

Hopefully someone will grab video of Saturday's event.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 1:30am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is literally right up the street from me, living in Coral Springs. Coupled with the fact that it's Renato, one of my instructors I took some privates with, I'm gonna have to go.

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 9:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    70% chance I may go... I may miss the kiddies and women tournies (which I wanted to film cuz I trying to create a documentary of the benefits of martial arts in youth and women), but I'll certainly be around for the rest of the tourney...

... and this time I'm bringing some extra 2gb flash cards for my digital camera so that I don't run out of space as it happened while I was filming the NAGA tourneys :p

*** EDIT ***

wingchundo, Anthony, if you hadn't had the chance, check out the clips I took from the last NAGA. I want to do the same for this coming tournament.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 11/16/2006 9:54am at .

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macho, if I go, I'm bringing my camera, so I can pass anything that you miss into cd's for you.

Anthony, it's bugging the **** out of me, who the hell is that one in you avatar?... oh, and, are u bringing a camera with ya?

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 4:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, change of plans for my part. Josh, one of the ATT Hollywood instructors is going to have a BJJ clinic at Hammer Gym (a Muay Thai gym) tomorrow, from 11am to 1pm for beginners and 2-4 for intermediates.

The cost of the seminar is $35. The location of the seminar is the following:

Hammer Gym
    1271 NE 9th Street Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304

I feel I'm shooting down the event announced in my own thread, but I really can't let this opportunity pass. I need a very serious review on the basics. I'm training tomorrow from 7am to 9am, then I'll go to that seminar.

If you guys can make it, please film it and post in on youtube :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 4:59pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Guys, change of plans for my part. Josh, one of the ATT Hollywood instructors is going to have a BJJ clinic at Hammer Gym (a Muay Thai gym) tomorrow, from 11am to 1pm for beginners and 2-4 for intermediates.

The cost of the seminar is $35. The location of the seminar is the following:

Hammer Gym
    1271 NE 9th Street Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304

I feel I'm shooting down the event announced in my own thread, but I really can't let this opportunity pass. I need a very serious review on the basics. I'm training tomorrow from 7am to 9am, then I'll go to that seminar.

If you guys can make it, please film it and post in on youtube :)
    Dude,

Tomorrow is Friday.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 5:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, they've had this flyer up at my gym for a while now and I just now saw that it was this coming weekend. ****!! Hmmm, I have to see if I can come up with the scratch and, even harder, convince the wife that we need to take another road trip on a day and a half's notice. I would love to compete.

EDIT - Good GOD Anthony...I have trouble reading threads because I get fucking mesmerized by your damn avatar.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast