Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 11:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got back from class, and I had the pleasure of working with a higher ranked female student.

She was about 20 lbs lighter than me (I'm about 145-150), and generally thinner of limb...but I had the most productive time training with her than I think I've had since joining.

Here are some reasons why I enjoyed working with her so much.

1. She's small, so she's forced to be EXTREMELY technical.
    -She couldn't muscle anything, so her techniques were extremely precise. Even if a bigger guy could out muscle her, she still deserves a higher rank for her excellent grasp of technique.

2. She's non-competitive. THIS DOES NOT MEAN LAZY!
    -She didn't have some huge chest thumping ego **** going on...she showed up to train, and there was never any attitude or macho **** about it.

3. She's approachable.
    -A lot of higher ranks put on the "Game Face" during training, and lower ranks like me are often too intimidated to ask questions. She had no problem helping me through certain techniques, adding tips to positions, etc...even while in the middle of rolling. After I botched an umaplata, she stopped and helped me with my transition for several minutes.

---

There are two regular female students at my school, and both have shown to be extremely technical, hard working grapplers that train like "one of the guys".

I'd love for anyone knocking women martial artists to meet these two petite women on the mat.

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 11:53pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    were not talking about grappling women, were talking about bubbley TKD and krotty girls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 8:39am

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh I'm trying to work out what's worse. The bubbly idiotic TKD/Karate girls, of the Stick up their ass Female Fighter who feels the need to "prove" themselves over every little thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 8:47am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Letum
    Heh I'm trying to work out what's worse. The bubbly idiotic TKD/Karate girls, of the Stick up their ass Female Fighter who feels the need to "prove" themselves over every little thing.
    Definitly the ones who always need to prove themselves over every little thing, they do this because they feel socially inferior! Which in basic terms mean they're ugly, you should consider doing Karate or Taekwondo if you want to pick up all the hot chicks. (Don't expect to find anyone there with an IQ over 90 though).

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 9:02am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorec
    I don't think I wanna know what that white gunk in his eye is.

I guess he is not a very good catcher.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 9:25am

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Z
    Definitly the ones who always need to prove themselves over every little thing, they do this because they feel socially inferior! Which in basic terms mean they're ugly, you should consider doing Karate or Taekwondo if you want to pick up all the hot chicks. (Don't expect to find anyone there with an IQ over 90 though).
    :qleapfrog

It's not too bad down here I guess, but then MA isn't really all that popular down here for some reason, peoples number one hobbies tend to be Car Stealing and what not.

I don't think being ugly has anything to do with it though. (Yes I realised that the point of your post was indeed satirical, good stuff chap)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Farthest north I've spent any time was Belgium where it rained for 3 weeks straight.
    Well duhh didn't they tell you it rains an average of 220+ days per year here :-)

Hell we think all hell is breaking lose because this summer we actually had 3 straight weeks of sun and agin in october....
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910