Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:06pm

Style: euro renaissance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Taekwondo Alliance?

I think I'll have to put a big "Mc" in front of this dojang.

http://www.kingsporttkd.com/

Has anyone even heard of the ITA (International Taekwondo Alliance)?

If I go check this place out I may start crying. I'll just have to do them a favor and kick their asses. I won't even use my hands either.:icon_geek

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, this is a Mc...a 10 year old 1st degree and a 14 year old 3rd degree as instructors?

By the way, shovelbum, is your name from the archaeological use of the word?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:24pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just my thoughts on this one and not entirely familiar with anyone on that page. I always go to the instructor page and then the 'link' page. First one tells me a little about who's teaching the next one gives me an idea of their business plan and affiliations.

Instructors:

7 of the 'Black Belt' instructors are under 20 and all have a minimum rank of 2nd Dan BB
    - Keith Wahlbon (the 4th Dan) has been doing TKD since 1995, damn that's almost a life long commitment there Keith!
    - Of special note is the 9 year old 2nd Dan who lists Marksman under hobbies and the 14 year old 3rd Dan
    - Blue belt coaches?!?

Links:

- ITA - The Founding Members of the ITA began their TaeKwonDo training in 1970 and their professional association in 1977. Together, the ITA Masters in 1983 formed the foundation of what has become the International TaeKwonDo Alliance to share the spirit of an ancient art. By design, the name “Alliance” was chosen to define the independent but united relationship of member school Instructors. (nice way of saying "After 13 years of sending cheques to GenChoi we started our own group to make more money.")

- http://www.athenstkd.com/Videos/TKD%...0(med-res).wmv (the theme music is 'Get Retarded' man did they hit the nail on the head with that one!)

All in all, this looks pretty crap-tacular.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But it is taught by a Korean, which immediately adds authenticity points to the instruction...unless you're in the 10 year old's class.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    But it is taught by a Korean, which immediately adds authenticity points to the instruction...unless you're in the 10 year old's class.
    Well in theory both probably have the same amount of time invested into TKD......

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, this is a Mc...a 10 year old 1st degree and a 14 year old 3rd degree as instructors?

By the way, shovelbum, is your name from the archaeological use of the word?
    Yep! But I'm staying home with a baby for the forseeable future.

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 2:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD - what if the 10 year old is a Korean? That reminds me of a children's self defense presentation we did at a local middle school (it was a "make noise, fight back, run like hell" thing). I had a 7th or 8th grader introduce himself as a 3rd degree from a local McDojo. I remember thinking, "Yeah, this little roly-poly gradeschooler could kick my ass."

Shovelbum, my wife is at a site here in Tallahassee - they're in the lab now after a 10 month excavation. But, as always, government work isn't all that so she's thinking CRM firm at some point...

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 2:33pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why do i feel a sharp shooting pain in my arse when i look at a TKD mcdojo site? can i get medication for this?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD - what if the 10 year old is a Korean?
    - Totally, all the difference in the world actually ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    why do i feel a sharp shooting pain in my arse when i look at a TKD mcdojo site?
    I'd talk to your boyfriend.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    why do i feel a sharp shooting pain in my arse when i look at a TKD mcdojo site? can i get medication for this?
    Oh, it gets worse. Go to the links page and look at the other schools. I would post a link to one of the schools' demo video, but I don't want to cause anyone internal bleeding.:5eek:

After seeing this stuff, I'm really seeing that my old dojang was hardcore (TKD relative that is.) They even do some sort of padded sword sparring that is making my ARMA muscles ache for the deliverance of an ass kickin'.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast