• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 3:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The chief instructor is a 5th Dan black belt in "freestlye martial arts." Why claim rank in something in which there is no rank? He's also 2nd Dan in Muay Thai .. when did Muay Thai turn Japanese? If he is the chief instructor .. does that make him the cobra commander?

No, wait another senior instructor (must be Destro) has no rank listed other than in freestyle - but he is a state champ in Muay Thai and stuff. The rest of the instructors know first-aid, I guess. That's good. Cobra commander wrestled for 5 years .. somewhere.

I am all for the freestyle concept - heck, I am freestyle - but why have pretend ranks and gis and guys breaking boards and doing double leg jump kicks to two attackers? (Look at the pictures)

Yo Joe!

>> Do not depend on the enemy not coming; depend rather on being ready for him. Do not depend on the enemy not attacking; depend rather on having a positioin that cannot be attacked. - Sun Tzu
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 3:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oops, forgot to include the link::

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kobra/

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 4:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to know who taught the guy to throw...I mean wtf look at that bend over in the picture section.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 8:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe it was Storm Shadow!
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 11:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~kobra/page9.html

Cobra la! Cobra la! .. lol, I'm sorry.

>> Do not depend on the enemy not coming; depend rather on being ready for him. Do not depend on the enemy not attacking; depend rather on having a positioin that cannot be attacked. - Sun Tzu

Posted On:
    9/16/2002 1:38pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bumped to McDojo Discussion forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2002 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least they are in shape.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 6:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I don't know, I don't think it seems like a mcdojo...

"The night has come and all you lived for was in the day, but with understanding the night can be a powerfull alley"

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if they're McDojo or not, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about martial artists creating all these friggin hybrid styles. It's been done before, and run into the ground at that.

Yeah, they did it in the old days too, and it was even how some respectable styles (Wing Chun, Kyokushin, some Tai Chi) came to be. But those were the ones that survived. If you started teaching a hybrid style in the old days, and you got your ass kicked in a challenge, the appeal for your students was gone. ****, if it was bad enough they'd probably even switch to the guy who kicked your ass.

Man, do we need to bring back dojo yaburi. Call it "martial darwinism": if your style sucks, it gets its ass kicked, no one studies it, it dies out, and the stronger, better styles rise to the top.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2002 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dunno about that one. if you mix too much together you get jack of all trades, master of none.

it pisses me off when these types of places list:

5 years brazilian jiu-jitsu

WTF is that supposed to mean?

what rank are you?

under who?

its all very vague. some of pictures on the site lead you to believe it's a legit school. others have me asking for a big mac no pickles.

sounds like zartan is involved.

Edited by - Andy Kaufman on September 17 2002 16:16:42