Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bricco
    Quite right. Should I walk into a fight I think I would find an AK-74 quite handy, heh...

Obviously, occasional fights use more often than not weapons that aren't usually regarded as such: it may be a good idea to start practicing brokenbottledo or chairjutsu...

As for concealed weapons, guns are always more effective than everything else: try yo get one and learn how to use it. As a rule, a pistol tucked near one's genitalia makes cocky enough to get into a fight pretty easily.
    Never use brokenbottledo. Haven't you seen Bas Rutten's Lethal Streetfighting? **** breaks off INSIDE your grip most of the time.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas says: "Its better to use a pool cue if you're going to give them the bang di di bang di di bang"

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That reminds me of a book by Ted Gambordella called "weapons of the street" that has defenses against weapon attacks. It recommends that once you disarm a guy with a bottle, the best way to employ it is to hold him in a chokehold from behind, while showing the weapon to his face while you walk him to the police. Aside from the idiocy of holding your weapon where he can grab it with both hands against your one, who do you think the police will side with- the one holding someone hostage with a broken bottle, or the hostage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 8:43am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I was joking. My position is close to Stolenbjorn's.

Since you cannot choose your weapon when you are forced into a street fight, you have to carry your own weapon or to start a fight where a weapon of your liking is reachable.
    If you carry a weapon it must be effective, so forget sticks and blades and get a gun; best if not concealed: people don't like to be cut, but they like even less to be shot.
    If you start a fight just to test your skills and the aptness of a weapon, then you are an idiot.

Seriously, street fights are best avoided. They are not bar brawls where you know who you are fighting, and they aren't usually even in numbers either; more often than not you must defend yourself from multiple attackers that don't give a flying f**k of what you do to their "ally": try a chokehold on one of them and you'll get a knife in the back.
    And yes, you didn't see it coming because the guy who has just shivved you was just waiting for his chance.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 8:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother's shipwright's adze would do me.. This sort of thing has already been posted. Time for a bit of thread necromancy (in Megathreads)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 5:52pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Adze's are deadly.
    Even experienced shipwrights would occasionally take off half their foot by accident!

I got two adzes hanging up on the beams of my living room.
    They look scarey, but a heady sideaxe/broadaxe is safer to use as a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    ... or a bat’leth, or a ninja bladed coat rack spear, ...
    I'm sure both of those would be fine weapons
    but a long spear is best.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34

Me? I will take .40 Glock.

.45 S & W with Speer Gold Dot hollows.

An asshole can have whatever blade weapon he wants. He's catching a full mag.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    So is this why you train in WMA?

A knife is a great deterent. Some random asshole is gonna back down if you pull a knife (if he doesnt have a weapon himself) nobody wants to get cut.

but yeah I agre with you here....a carpenter would use a hammer well. So it does seem to boil down to what you are comfortable with.

Me? I will take .40 Glock.
    I agree with the carpentry tools thing. But I'm a carpenter. So if I got jumped on the way to or from or while at work I use:

I'd prefer to use a gun to but I dont have a CHL so I'd be going to jail whatever happens. As a result I dont carry a pistol on the street.

Of course there are a ton of things in my tool bucket that I can ruin somebody's day with:

or these

which are not my favorites (under balanced and too heavy)... so either the framming hammer (I call mine Condi Rice... because you need a little diplomacy to bring Freedom) or if I'm having a dual wield kinda day Condi and this:

cats paw goes in my left (off) hand. of course I've never had to go there.... but I have had to use these tools to pry my paycheck off my boss before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 3:16am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blowgun OWNED!111

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 5:01am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personaly i always have a folder with me but it's main function is for opening boxes and my dip cans. As for a weapon i rather be unarmed if it's going to be a fight, less chance for escelation. if it's a battle then the les bear comes out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123