Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Infidel

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 10:12am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to be quite sure that the consiquenses for continuing unarmed will result in my death anyway.
    This ATTITUDE is what's going to get you killed my friend.

Often when defending themselves people just want to make the attacker stop doing what their doing or go away.
    Humans have a natural aversion to hurting other people (Ya I know, hard to believe). People when faced with violence turn into sheep and often seem willing to just accept the inevitable (sp?).

**** that. When you introduce a weapon don't use it to try and make the other guy stop or go away, use it to hurt and disable him.
    Expecting to loose going into a fight will simply make you loose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 10:40am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    Would you rather walk into a fight unarmed than armed with a nunchaku, or a bat’leth, or a ninja bladed coat rack spear, ect.
    And if not, what would be slightly preferable.
    I’ve read many threads on how much of the “martial arts arsenal” suck, but none detailing how much relative to each other.
    Thank you.
    Well if I have to Choose between those i would probably go with the nunchuku. Mainly because i could give to my opponent. It would go something like this, "Excuse me mister assailant. I realize you wish to throttle me, and I would like to help. Take these nunchuks and go warm up for a few minutes, make sure you swing them as fast as possible." Then this guy would knock the **** out of himself most likely and I can quitetly make my escape.

As for Preference, I would always preferr a rifle or shotgun, that failing a hand gun would do. If i didn't wish to kill my oponent outright then maybe a club sword or somthing of that nature. The way I look at it is in history there were only a few weapons that were widely adopted, stick to those.

PT

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 11:17am

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tazer.

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 11:51am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belt sander - extra fine grit paper

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 6:41pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolenbjorn
    ... he's gonna become quite more wholeartedly in his attack, and he might very well disarm you and use the knife on you.
    I see you don't train realistically.

Or you're just a troll.

Many of your posts contain such absolute bullshit I wonder.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/16/2006 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be careful with the knives. Pulling a knife in a fight is a 50/50 - either the aggressor backs down or decides to go for it (because he is stupid, drunk and/or mean/tough enough to not care.)

If you pull a knife, make sure you really have a reason. Losing a fight is not one. Being in mortal, unavoidable danger is. If I really have to carry a weapon, it is because I have good reasons to believe I WILL NEED IT. And in that case, I would carry a gun instead a knife.

Having said that, I carry a few 28" kali sticks in my car, one next to the driver seat... just in case.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I keep a small fry stun gun strapped to my steering column. It fits a niche that a big stick won't. If I'm stopped and someone decides to reach through my window and choke me or drag me out of my car, I can apply it much better. Or if I see a fight that I should break up, its a pretty good tool. From an underhook or similar clinch position, you can stick it in the back and go to town. The stun gun: my crappling. I also keep my balisong trainer nearby, but only because I need something to do at stoplights since my stereo's stole. Or I could just pull out The Club.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 8:26am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pepper spray?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:02am

Style: Medieval Italian (WMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Be careful with the knives. Pulling a knife in a fight is a 50/50 - either the aggressor backs down or decides to go for it (because he is stupid, drunk and/or mean/tough enough to not care.)

If you pull a knife, make sure you really have a reason. Losing a fight is not one. Being in mortal, unavoidable danger is. If I really have to carry a weapon, it is because I have good reasons to believe I WILL NEED IT. And in that case, I would carry a gun instead a knife.

Having said that, I carry a few 28" kali sticks in my car, one next to the driver seat... just in case.
    This is what I think as well. As for me not training realistically with knife, Dirty Rooster; you're right. My experience comes from medieval daggers that are far longer than modern cutting-knives, and thus easier to disarm. (And, yes, I do spar full contact, full speed and with aliveness with medieval daggers, both wooden, blunt metal and foamed.) My point is that nobody can tell anybody what will hapen in a given knifefight. Personally I will run away from somebody with a knife in 99 out of 100 cases, and I will only pull a knife on an unarmed person if I feel that my life is at stake. I don't know how things are where you live, but in Norway; most brawls are pushing, swinging a punch at a bar, etc. I will not pull a knife on somebody that punch me because I spilled his beer or talked to his girl. I will pull a knife on somebody about to rape my wife, about to kill my cildren, etc. i.e raising the stakes IMHO, but if the situation is dire enough, I will be willing to rase those stakes. This is only my personal oppinion, and this is what I would advise others to, if they wanted my advise.
    Last edited by Stolenbjorn; 11/17/2006 11:06am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:59pm

Style: Historic European

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Call me a wuss, Given a choice i would take a staff 6-7'.

Jeff
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast