Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/14/2006 10:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Circuit routine?

Wondering if anyone does circuit type workouts with weights. I have been hitting every bodypart heavy once every six days then doing a full body high rep workout at the end of this cycle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    11/14/2006 11:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you training for pure strength (Maximal strength) ? Or Endurance strength ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 11:33am

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    depends what you want from the circuit training. Normally when you circuit train you will lose steam cardiovascularly and from lactic acid buildup well before you reach muscle failure. Sorry but you'll need to be more specific in your goals. Also if you can tell how much time you have to devote and how many days a week that would help. What else do you do for training/fitness?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanting training for endurance. I do not do alot of running or cardio just my rolling and sparring which I feel is plenty but am probably wrong. I need endurance and flexibility which are not my strong points power I do not feel is my weak point. I can workout every day if need be. But I would like to do the circuit around two times a week.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:24pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    But only if you want to look like this chap from their homepage

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A good basic circuit training system that has bee around for a long time is to pick a series of weight lifting excersices and perform them at about 50% of your one rep max 15 to 20 times for one set and in between sets do a cardio excersice for 45 seconds to one minute (pick about three different cardios to throw in. Do the whole program one set for each body part and with the cardio. Work yourself up to doing the whole thing for three sets. That should give you muscle endurance and good cardio. You want to get your heart rate up to about 80% of your max heart rate for good cardio training. (210 - your age= max HR, max HR x .80= your training zone). A basic example workout; dumbell benchpress, run in place , dumbell curls, jump roap, dumbell lunges, burpees, lat pull downs, run in place, dips or tricep press downs, jump rope, straight leg dumbell deadlifts, burpees, dumbell shoulder presses run in place, calf raises, jump rope, dumbell rotar twists, and finally run in place. One set of this should take you about 15 to 20 minutes. This is an example only if you want to do some and mix in something else for other body parts or add more bjj/grappling specific cardio like practice escapes, shifts whatever that could work too. Somewhere floating around is a Randy Coirtier (can't remember how to spell his last name) where he does something similar to this but doesn't do the little cardio bit in between and some of his form isn't the best from a safety/injury prevention point of view but overall it will work too.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:36pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smillard
    A good basic circuit training system that has bee around for a long time is to pick a series of weight lifting excersices and perform them at about 50% of your one rep max 15 to 20 times for one set and in between sets do a cardio excersice for 45 seconds to one minute (pick about three different cardios to throw in. Do the whole program one set for each body part and with the cardio. Work yourself up to doing the whole thing for three sets. That should give you muscle endurance and good cardio. You want to get your heart rate up to about 80% of your max heart rate for good cardio training. (210 - your age= max HR, max HR x .80= your training zone). A basic example workout; dumbell benchpress, run in place , dumbell curls, jump roap, dumbell lunges, burpees, lat pull downs, run in place, dips or tricep press downs, jump rope, straight leg dumbell deadlifts, burpees, dumbell shoulder presses run in place, calf raises, jump rope, dumbell rotar twists, and finally run in place. One set of this should take you about 15 to 20 minutes. This is an example only if you want to do some and mix in something else for other body parts or add more bjj/grappling specific cardio like practice escapes, shifts whatever that could work too. Somewhere floating around is a Randy Coirtier (can't remember how to spell his last name) where he does something similar to this but doesn't do the little cardio bit in between and some of his form isn't the best from a safety/injury prevention point of view but overall it will work too.
    It might have been said before, but...

PARAGRAPHS AND PUNCTUATION ARE YOUR FRIEND
    thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 8:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not when I'm trying to get a point across quickly. But I'll remember that and the next time I want to try and help someone I'll forward it to you first for a proof read.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    But only if you want to look like this chap from their homepage

-That's Rhadi Ferguson, 2004 Olympian. I'd kill to have half that man's Judo and BJJ skills.