Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    pirate jon what is your style ?
    Pimped out. :5bowtie: Hmm good question. Can't put boxing anymore since I quit to take MT. Can't put MT since I've only been going since the first. I've done judo/bjj, but only for a few months so that's out. Only thing I'm consistent with is lifting. Slaps and crapples would work.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though i dont get why people sign up for a "martial" art in the first place if they dont like getting hit.
    Then Bullshido is the place to be. I'm guessing that is exactly what Phrost was thinking when he started this joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:24pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kyokushin is the number one karate style in the world in terms of numbers of dojos and people doing it so im not way the **** off at all imo.

not to mention the various offshoots of it have many dojos scattered throughout.
    There are 2, count em, 2 Kyokushin or Kyokushin derivative clubs in the entire nation of Scotland. I know this because I spent some time looking for one.
    Compare and contrast - in my unremarkable little town alone, there are maybe 8 Shotokan or Shito Ryu clubs, so I reckon your claims for Kyokushin's numerical superiority are a bit off.

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:29pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWest
    There are 2, count em, 2 Kyokushin or Kyokushin derivative clubs in the entire nation of Scotland. I know this because I spent some time looking for one.
    Compare and contrast - in my unremarkable little town alone, there are maybe 8 Shotokan or Shito Ryu clubs, so I reckon your claims for Kyokushin's numerical superiority are a bit off.
    hmm maybe so...but it is true that there are 10,000 or so dojos throughout the world of kyokushin not its derivatives out there somewhere, guess its in specific countries where its really popular...russia for one.

also where i live in arrizona in tucson ther are no knockdown dojos except for my enshin school which i found in the yellow pages. The Honbu is one state up in Denver.

But as far as kyokushin goes theres none for thousands of miles all around except for one in phoenix AZ who doesnt affiliate with any organizations anymore, and theres Kenji Yamakis school in san diego. all the rest are in canada and the far north est of the US.
    Last edited by Axelton; 11/13/2006 5:35pm at .

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Pimped out. :5bowtie: Hmm good question. Can't put boxing anymore since I quit to take MT. Can't put MT since I've only been going since the first. I've done judo/bjj, but only for a few months so that's out. Only thing I'm consistent with is lifting. Slaps and crapples would work.
    word...i thought you did shotokan or something with Ryu in it when you said "He's trying to tell me something, I just know it." lol thats cool that your lifting still. how come you havent been consistent with MA? does it have to do with location?

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Goldman
    Then Bullshido is the place to be. I'm guessing that is exactly what Phrost was thinking when he started this joint.
    yup thats why i love this place so much. THANKS PHROST!:5flowerfa

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great point Oscar...i forget that alot of people hate to get hit. Even though i dont get why people sign up for a "martial" art in the first place if they dont like getting hit.
    People tend to forget about the "martial " aspect of martial arts and its true meaning and instead think it is all about 'self defense' . After all, if you learn effective self defense you should never get hit again ..RIIGHT!!:laughing9
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard Training = less students

Easy Training = more students.
    カンフー

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's very cold in russia.They probably hit each other just to stay warm.While the numbner 10 000 seems quite huge,=.We have aknowledge that that's for one style.That doesn't even compare to say if ther're 20 000 ATA TKD schools,30 000 WTF TKD and ITF.And I haven't even started with CMA's.

Most people could be doing Judo or Brazilian Jujitsu.But instead do Aikido or any Kuryu Jujitsu.Why?Because it's the short cut to a BB.Or it' something to do to get out of the house.Or it's a dream someone's has had since childhood but didn't have the guts to try.

People don't like the risk of getting hurt or the possibility of sweat staining their lovely uniform.

For the longest of time when I looked at ATA Taekwondo I would see something amiss.For a long time I couldn't quite put my finger on it.But one day it just jumped at me.Their uniforms were always spotless and pressed.Look at any tournament pictures of an ATA Taekwondo and compare them to Judo comps , BJJ or even Kyokushin and you start to notice an awesome difference.

The difference isn't just in style.It's also the culture of their art.They do look at it as a pass time and nothing more.

How can anyone or website change that mentality?

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    People tend to forget about the "martial " aspect of martial arts and its true meaning and instead think it is all about 'self defense' . After all, if you learn effective self defense you should never get hit again ..RIIGHT!!:laughing9
    If your a delusional LARPer then not getting hit is the least of your worries on "t3h str33ts":qleft3:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast