Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 1:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It also seems like Dr. Gyi is held in high regards over at Dog Bros and it's forum...LOL

http://www.dogbrothers.com/wrapper.p...stimonials.htm

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?action=search2

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 5:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you search--"SEARCH FUNCTION NEWBIE!!!"--you will see that this issue with the Dog Brothers exploded about a month ago when someone from the PowNet came on rather like an asshole trying to go after the Dog Brothers because of this.

Fun reading, but the guy was nuts and

Liked to play with Fonts and location.

If you disagreed with him you hate the military.

--J.D.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If his technique is sound, who fucking cares if he claims God gave it to him on stone tablets?

Soundness of technique=What Matters

The rest is insignificant fluff that I couldn't give two shits about.

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 6:17pm

Style: FMA and KOSHO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bando is good stuff and is starting to make head way into the stream of MA taught in the usofa and other location's by the looks of it.

I believe any of the arts from the region of Indonesia and Thailand and the area of that ilk is pretty good at fighting If we would have done more homework and less fighting I believe we could have heped our nation better then going over there and fighting those people there mind set is much different then ours for sure. Our country was not prepared to go there just look at us now in Iraq a few thousand dead and we are turning to jelly. 100 thousand of them dead and still fighting. Tough people. Same with the people of the Bando, "way" (which is repetitive, sorry) Ban-Do..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bando

Good information.

Regards, Gary
    Last edited by Gabster; 11/13/2006 6:20pm at .

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 7:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Iraq is nowhere near Thailand, geographically or culturally.

2. Hey look 1st world war, millions dead and still fighting. Tough people those Europeans, we could learn alot from them. Oh wait we did, we learned to abhor war and value human life...

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wildwills ---

It has already been established that Dr. Gyi is full of tall tales, mistruths and BS stories. The unfortunate part is that due to these stories he has alienated himself from many excellent martial artists who have since distanced themselves from him. However these same people who have distanced themselvs have enough character and integrity not to come out and publicy bash a man who has made contributions to the martial arts world regardless of his mouth and the words that come out of it. There's nothing to gain from it. He's an old man and if the haters will just hang on a few more years they can all dance on his grave.

:beatdead:

BTW - Using him as a vehicle to attack others via false propositional logic is a waste of time.
    If people don't like it, then then they shouldn't train in it, they shouldn't associate with it and move on. Life is too short to hate.

Sam, perhaps an IP address check is in order as well. This is beginning to sound familiar.
    Last edited by Red Elvis; 11/13/2006 10:48pm at .
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 10:57pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I disagree that we shouldn't highlight the falsity of Gyi's claims. He has advertised such "facts" about himself and people should know exactly who they are training with.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Well I disagree that we shouldn't highlight the falsity of Gyi's claims. He has advertised such "facts" about himself and people should know exactly who they are training with.
    Is this in response to my post? I have no problem with that at all in fact expose him all you want. I fully agree with you if the thread stays on topic. My point is that exposing him in an effort to discredit others is BS. If that wasn't clear enough in my post than I apologize, however, this thread was starting to move in the same direction as another thread that was full of bullshit logic and ad hominem attacks.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    11/14/2006 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Cold Steel Ghurka kukri was created with input from the American Bando Association. If you look at the blade, the association logo is near the hilt:
    http://www.coldsteel.com/fixed-blades-gurkhas.html
    I believe Mr. Gyi was involved in the creation of the knife.

Posted On:
    11/14/2006 2:29am

Style: FMA and KOSHO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Iraq is nowhere near Thailand, geographically or culturally.

2. Hey look 1st world war, millions dead and still fighting. Tough people those Europeans, we could learn alot from them. Oh wait we did, we learned to abhor war and value human life

I'll mention;
    Yes that is very true and we are learning that as we write, the Iraq people are determined and so are the Afgans and they are very much similar to the peoples of the Burmese if you will read history. China spread people from these nations (China and india and thailand etc.) all over the world according to a book I have been reading. They also have a web site at 1421.tv which is very interesting reading.

When the area we call Iraq & Iran was "Persia" they were into the trade routes of old and traveled all over the eastern world, so the nations you are speaking have much in common. They go back to another time, and "Genghis Khan" (as the persians called him) did quite a bit to change that whole world in the 13th and 14th centuries. He ruled and his heirs, the largest area of anyone ever. Marco Polo was part of bringing the nations closer together.

We can go clear back to the Greeks and the Sumerians if you like but believe me we have more in common then not. We all want to live, have familys and prosper. The way of the Warrior is killing, the way of the farmer, arts, merchants, is the way of peace.

The europeans were slow in the development of the finer things in life, but you are correct. All are great warriors and all have had there place in the sun at one time or another, now it is Americas time to shine. I wonder for how long though.

It has been a very long line of warring and killing, been going on since the dawn of time, I wonder how long we have if we fail to understand, the meaning of the word "Peace".

Regards, Gary
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast