Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/21/2006 6:15pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sritter
    There is much about Mr. Ward to question.

Mr. Ward claims to have trained directly by Eizo Shimabukuro and is teaching Shobayashi Shorin Ryu. He had pictures (copies, not real photos) of O'Sensei in his dojo to show students that Grand Master Shimabukuro was his teacher.

He also claims as his students Steven Segal, Joe Lewis, and Chuck Norris. He says he appeared with Chuck Norris in the movie, "Sidekicks" (as the nunchuku white ninja). No one has been able to validate any of these claims.

Kyoshi Herbert Wong (herbwong@earthlink.net ) says Joe Lewis arrived in Okinawa in 1964 on his first tour with the USMC and showed up at O'Sensei Shimabukuro's Moromi Dojo with his Sergeant, John Korab. Mr. Lewis was a student of O'Sensei Shimabukuro (and not a student of Masayuki Ward). Herbert Wong, along with Thomas M. White and John Murphy, were on Mr. Lewis' Green Belt examination board conducted by O'Sensei Shimabukuro in 1964. You can also find Mr. Lewis mentioning his training with O'Sensei Shimabukuro in Mr. Lewis' book, "Greatest Karate Fighter Of All Time."

Masayuki Ward wasn't teaching anything from Grand Master Eizo Shimabukuro's curriculum because no one in our past and present day association has ever met Masayuki Ward. I believe that Sensei Ward has talent in Martial Arts. It's too bad that he misdirected his talent and perpetuated a major fraud upon his students.

I believe there are many decent hard working Russellville students that learned something from Ward. Who taught Masayuki Ward? Who is Masayuki Ward? I not even sure that Masayuki Ward know's who he is.

Respectfully,

sritter
    Just out of curiousity, is there any evidence of anybody raising these concerns before his arrest?

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

facts

ok well i have to say a couple of things first off i train under one of his students M. Zulfi and M. Zulfi was in the movie sidekicks ive seen the movie. Masayuki was present at the time when the movie was being filmed along with my master and Chuck Norris we have a pic hanging in our karate school. have you trained under masayuki ward? how do you know him? i mean you cant just read about someone and get your facts there personal experience speaks more truth than a bunch critics. now i know he's a crazy teacher and says a bunch of stuff, i made that mistake when i let him talk to my girlfriend. but when he teaches he's serious. now about his students??? i would question but ive never asked him if hes trained any famous people but shockingly enough he did train Chuck Norris not throughout his karate career but chuck Norris has learned a little from him. i know that for a fact

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:51am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What role did Zufli have?

Here's the imDB.com link for the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105402/fullcredits#cast

And on Bullshido it doesn't count if you say you know it, you got any facts or proof? Seeing that it's your first post, I could claim I've trained with Bruce Lee ;)

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 11:46am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back Prone!

Lebell's been acting up since you stopped posting, could you get him back under control?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 1:37am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Welcome back Prone!

Lebell's been acting up since you stopped posting, could you get him back under control?
    Hehe, wouldn't have thought anyone still knew me ;) Thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234