Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/12/2006 7:41pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Scrapper comes over, outshoots me!

I belong to a little target practice group that meets on land my father owns in Connecticut. Scrapper wanted to learn how to shoot, so I invited him over, and he says he's only handled a pistol once before.

However with less then ten minutes of bad insruction he was shooting 1.5 inch groups from about 20-25 feet away with a 1911, and then demonstrated his skills at trap by dusting almost 80 percent of his clay targets. He definately outshot me using my guns and was better able to explain the workings of the safety of my brothers Barretta 92-FS after a couple minutes of trial and error.

Guys, we either have a ringer or a natural here.

I need a lot more practice!
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 11/12/2006 9:00pm at .

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 10:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    I belong to a little target practice group that meets on land my father owns in Connecticut. Scrapper wanted to learn how to shoot, so I invited him over, and he says he's only handled a pistol once before.

However with less then ten minutes of bad insruction he was shooting 1.5 inch groups from about 20-25 feet away with a 1911, and then demonstrated his skills at trap by dusting almost 80 percent of his clay targets. He definately outshot me using my guns and was better able to explain the workings of the safety of my brothers Barretta 92-FS after a couple minutes of trial and error.

You've been set up, A ringer for sure!

I took my wife to the range and the first gun she ever picked up was a M16 set up to fire 22. Rimfire, I gave her 5 minutes of coaching and her first shot was a bullseye. She liked it so much she is now training for International competition, Its far from the Olympics but very cool for sport shooting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 10:49am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    I hate, HATE when this happens to me. I was giving my friend some instruction with my SW99, Well that gun was never "right" for me. Zack steps up the the fireling line and shoots a 1 inch group at 21 feet. Samuel you need to take some time off of working to go shooting more. Life is too short to not be happy with your marksmanship.

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 10:50am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't shoot skeet for ****. Lil' John would be ashamed.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    11/13/2006 6:45pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 4:25pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beginner's Luck.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/15/2006 4:26pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually wing them if they start to shoot better than me.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 7:30pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking a ta a smith and wesson .45 right now. My brother was a competetive shooter and is upgrading.

Guns are fun.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    11/22/2006 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually did the same thing to my brother just today, at least with 22s. We both sucked with a 357.