Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it my imagination or did nerve ask how to 'escape' from a wrist grab? I ask because nearly every answer has been about how to strengthen one's grip to hang on.

I'm sure I'm just confused.

Posted On:
    12/14/2006 5:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thumb is the weakest point of any grab. If a guy is grabbing your right wrist with this thumb up twist your hand until its going against his thumb and not his other four fingers. If his thumb is down do the same but in the opposite direction-always escape though the thumb.
    If a guy grabs you with two hands on your right wrist, get into a base so he stops pulling you around, make a fist with your right hand, grab over the top of your right hand with your left hand, pull up and then towards you with both hands-should break the grip-again it's against the thumbs every time.

Posted On:
    12/14/2006 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have pretty good wrist control and am fairly well at defending them considering I tend to go against guys who're 50 pounds heavier than me. If the moves the other guys are giving you aren't working, try this:
    Instead of trying to use the hand that's being grabbed to free itself, use your other hand to help. When he grabs your left wrist with his right hand in guard, reach across with your right hand and grab his right wrist with a claw grip. Pull in with your right hand(claw grip) and push your left hand out and towards him at the same time.
    Set this move up by moving your hand and trying the escape these guys are telling you to do by turning your wrist. When that's not working (which they might not if it's against a person with a strong grip) immediately switch to my wrist escape, I find it to be a rather high percentage move.
    Let me know how it works out or if you have any questions.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/14/2006 8:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the excercises mentionned (towel over pull up bar and the tighten and open your hands) are really good,they work for me too,one more thing though:connection,dont attack a grip with just your arm,attack it with your whole body,or as much as your bodyweight you have at your disposal in a sparringsituation.
    Im sure that if you ask ur trainer about connection he can help you out.
    good luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12