resident sick ****

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 5:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does anyone still watch boxing?

Does anyone still watch boxing? It never comes up in conversations like it used to. Even the people I know who used to watch all the boxing fights on HBO and pay per view don't even mention it. It seems after Mike Tyson no one seems to care anymore.
    カンフー

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a look at some of the other threads about boxing and you have your answer as far as bullshido members go. there are still a few die hards around here.
    MMA has dwindled boxing's fan base a bit. But no more Tyson is not so much a factor as the lack of talent is, at least in the heavyweight division.
    Personally, I still watch boxing whenever it is on. But I don't follow it as closely as I used to.
    My wife always sticks an issue of "The Ring" in my stocking every Christmas, but I don't buy boxing magazines and follow the rankings like I used to.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 5:45pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no real characters in it any more and to be honest i find it a bit boring since i've gotten into MMA.

Muay THai, K-1, Pride, UFC etc just keep me more entertained and the fights are so much more varied as they don't just consist of punching.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't understand how people can find MMA to be a more exciting sport than boxing. MMA is freakin boring as hell to watch. You have two guys circle around eachother for 2 minutes, then they either have a 10 second exchange where one guy gets ko'd, they go to the ground (boooooring), or they go back to circling for several more minutes. Boxing at least you have constant action for the most part.

I'd watch boxing more of I had TV, as is I just catch whatever gets uploaded on the net.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a recent bout with that giant russian guy, and some black dude.

omfg giant russian guy. he's freakish, where did they find him, chernoyl?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ what kid said the only MMA fights i find interesting are ones with people like wanderlei, cro cop etc. the majority is just some hick who lays n prays his way to victory. yawn. boxing is a lot more interesting, Mt and kickboxing even better.

boxing HW sucks at the moment but theres plenty of talent in the lighter divisions.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 6:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You 2 are nuts. MMA is waayyyyy more interesting.

There's a lot more than someone can do and different strategies.

All boxing strategy is hit other guy with fist.

sometimes you get a boring lay and pray in MMA but sometimes you get a boring clinch fest in boxing. When MMA action is hot it's the most exciting sport there is

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    other reason it isnt talked about as much is the vast amount of BJJ nutriders that inhabit this site who are too busy watching guys fondle each other to watch a good old fashioned beatdown :p

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 6:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about you guys. But grappling is boring as hell to watch. When I watch two guys grappling on the ground I think:

"Stand the **** up and fight damn it"
    カンフー

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    You 2 are nuts. MMA is waayyyyy more interesting.

There's a lot more than someone can do and different strategies.

All boxing strategy is hit other guy with fist.

sometimes you get a boring lay and pray in MMA but sometimes you get a boring clinch fest in boxing. When MMA action is hot it's the most exciting sport there is
    *rolls eyes*

the obvious "there's more you can do in MMA!" may make for a more interesting game to play, but it certainly doesn't make it any funner to watch. The fact that someone might go to the ground and get wrassled into submission rather than getting punched out in 2 seconds doesn't make it any more interesting to watch the 90% inaction that's common in so many MMA fights.

The fact that you think boxing strategy is limited to "hit other guy with fist" just goes to show you know nothing about boxing.

In boxing, sure, the heavyweights (and this really only applies to heavyweights for the most part) clinch up a fair bit, but there is still constant action as the ref will break the fighters after a couple seconds of clinching (whereas in MMA people can be clinched for several minutes at a time).
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast