Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 10:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

leg lock instructionals

Ok did a search and didnít come up with anything on this. I was looking for any instructionals, DVD or books, on leg locks. I know there are some out there with chapters on leg locks but I was looking for something more along the lines of a whole set or at least a pretty involved look at set ups escapes counters and linking attacks.

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 11:11pm

Style: bee jay jay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Igor Yakimov has the best leglocks IMO.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2006 11:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erik Paulson has some DVDs called killer leg locks you might want to check out. I've taken seminars of his in the past and he had quite a bit of material on leg locks with a lot of detail so I'm guessing the DVDs would be pretty high quality.

Eric

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 12:36am

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PLEASE DONT LEARN LEGLOCKS FROM DVD'S OR BOOKS

leglocks are different from armbars or chokes, many of them you feel pressure, then a break, THEN the pain

save yourself from getting surgery and just learn bjj/submission wrestling/ sambo or something from a qualified instuctor

edit: i see you do bjj, what is the problem with learning from your bjj instructor?

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 3:00am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There were a couple of recent threads where a newbie got mauled for asking the same question. Roly's right - ask you instructor to teach you, and if he won't you're not ready. Leglocks can explode the fucking knees if two crapplers try them. This happens worryingly often at an MMA gym near me where they train them from day 1.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 4:46am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my instructor has taught me leg locks i've gone to seminars and learned leg locks. You would buy books or dvds on the rest of grappling from turtle guard to rubber guard to sharpen your game. why wouldn't you look into expanding your game below the belt through the same means?

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:24am

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant...
    my instructor has taught me leg locks i've gone to seminars and learned leg locks. You would buy books or dvds on the rest of grappling from turtle guard to rubber guard to sharpen your game. why wouldn't you look into expanding your game below the belt through the same means?
    Sorry, everyone's reacting this way becase we just had some idiot come on here trying to learn leg locks from books only. Fucking crapplers...

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:26am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't BJJ.org take down the heel hook instructional before it merged with OTM?

Dumbass noobs don't need to be learning how to cripple each other for years. RL instruction FTW

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 9:27am

Style: bee jay jay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get the Igor Yakimov dude, **** is awesome.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 10:37am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are such assholes here sometimes. How do you know what he is and is not qualified to read? I take BJJ and I use books too. Not as my main teacher but just to see new things. If I see something I like, I ask if anyone has seen it or used it before and drill it with a partner. I ask the instructor about the move and how its done. He then shows me if Im making any mistakes with it. Thats it.

I dont know any instructionals on leg locks but a good all around book is Submission Grappling by Royler Gracie. It has no-gi leg locks in it as well as other techniques.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast