• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wrestlers tend to be in better condition- also they normally do more 'sparring' than a lot of tma's . Also al the time you are fannying about with nunchucks, they are on the mat fighting or busting out some weights. Not dissing serious tma's but a lot of skinny little bitches use form and chi and crap to try and hide the fact that they have never been in a real fight

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:20pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your kinda corky Blue Dragon, i have been reading the thread and all i can say is please use the search and you will find many threads with details on why grappling will usally beat a Tradional striker. I am not saying that BJJ is the end of all or wrestling for that. I am just saying that you have made some comments that damn near make you seem confused and lost. You say you can use pressure points and just plain strength to stop a takedown. Well in theory that would work but in real life sorry. Alot of TMAs are based off of theorys but reality is diffrent from theory and when you start testing things in real fights. Things dont usally turn out how you plan.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you about the wrestling not being the only way to win. Thats my only argument here I'm not trying to piss anybody off. If I did I apologize.
    Arright. Fair enough.

As tempted as I am to call it quits on this conversation, I simply can not pass this by.

And another thing. Challenging me in these conditions prove you and whoever unrespectable, reason for saying TMA artist are more respectable
    Now, let's break this statement down.

1) I challenged you "under these conditions"
    2) Because of this, TMA people are more respectable than MMA people.

Man, I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, I did not challenge you. I have stated that clearly in my post at the top of this page. I merely made you an offer to meet, provided you are in my area, so that I can demonstrate my point. I did not, and still do not intend to hurt you. As you may or may not know, a number of bullshido members meet on a semi-regular basis to train and spar together, and learn from each other. I very much suggest you attend one of these gatherings in your area. It will be a valuable learning experience. And no need to worry about hostilities - everyone I've met here are nice and civil people.

Secondly, even if I did challenge you, how does that make me unrespectable? Challenge matches are one of the core traditions of TMAs, are they not?

And lastly, even if, for the sake of this argument, we assume that I challenged you and thus am not respectable, that is not a valid basis for the sweeping generalization you made about all of MMA. Now I am flattered that you seem to think that I represent the entire MMA community, but let me assure you that this is not the case.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 10:20pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't understand that quote and I understand what you mean now. I judged you wrong and you seem alright. I guess maybe we could find better ways to express our differences. The sparring sounds good yet I'm almost 2,000 miles from California. When I was in the Air Force there was quite a few people with different fighting styles who got together and we sparred.

I learned alot about different styles there and would like to get involved in something like that again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 10:50pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drunkenj, your right. I wish TMA's would tell you to do a lot more physical conditoning. I don't play with nunchucks though, I bust out my weights 6 nights a week.
    I do believe that you have to be strong to win a fight and a skinny little punk who kicks and yells KIA is dead meat.

Now I never said that I could use pressure points and brute strength to stop a takedown.

I did say I can punch someone who is attempting to take me down, and use my strength to use his momentum to take him down. I don't know enough wrestling to secure a hold beside a choke hold. I would like to learn a couple of wrestling/grappling moves for that situation.

I have said do bodybuilding to make you stronger to get out of a hold. That was advice to anyone who knows how to get out of the hold and who could be more successful at it if he was stronger. That was advice for TMA students.

That has to make sense to someone. I hope so.
    If not then correct me, please.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 5:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much of the reason grappling beats traditional striking in a ring is that the entire format of the contest gives an advantage to the grappler,
    No way, I just got done watching 'Cradle 2 the Grave' and Jet Li beat something like 8 MMA guys all by himself using TMA in a UFC style bout. One of his victims was UFC champ, Tito Ortiz.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Titan

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sarcasm, from KFss ?

Never!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have the power!" - He-man. The most powerful man in the Universe.
    (Short, sharp and to the point. Redefining the quotations of heros.)
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    blue-dragon : Peace, man. And welcome to Bullshido.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    8/21/2003 6:15am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bunch of Kenpo people on martial talk are having the same discussion.
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=147255#post147255
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567